Im on Pod Now. few things plus xdrip Q

Alexsalter47

If anyone could help that would be great.

The main thing is, how on earth do I change/alter the Insulin half life in xDrip+? Half life, time of action/threshold , whatever you call it, the green line curve thing. I need to extend it to longer. But for the life of me I cant find how.

Im on Omni Pod now since friday. Im noticing spikes after eating even 1/3 of my normal meals . Man its annoying. I know its to do with the carb ratio and mainly the fact im not on 33units of tresiba , that naturally always dropped me after running dry on carbs for a few hours(so would be helping 24/7 anyway). Its weird. 2 biscuits with coffee in the morning sends me past 11. and on normal work days id have 5 and not go past 8. Theres a few other variables of course. And Im pretty sure its the carb ratio. I need 1/10 on no work days, and then the agreed 1/12 on work days for now. It might even be 1/8 tbh.

The pumps awesome. changed pod this morning, surprised , quite a bit of blood haha.

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
as for general running on a pump it took me 8 weeks full of loads of basal testing to get all my setting right for me.
try to be kind to yourself as you progress …..-- I can treat most of my hypos with much less carb because I seem much more sensitive

Reactions: Alexsalter47

Alexsalter47

as for general running on a pump it took me 8 weeks full of loads of basal testing to get all my setting right for me.
try to be kind to yourself as you progress …..-- I can treat most of my hypos with much less carb because I seem much more sensitive

Thanks for all the help and reply. I appreciate it. I seem so much more sensitive to carbs now. I presumed and feared this would happen. I had a perfect setup, I mdied a lot, but could eat anything and everything practically. Now seems like the story could be different. But maybe I just to find the right ratios.

Watching me baseline throughout the night interests me , I see weird hill waves. I currently run a 24/7 background at 0.4 and that's it so far.ive just changed it to 0.45 . To get through work tomorrow I ll just have to remember about temp basal or editing the profile. I'd naturally turn to carbs though. So I ll have to see how it goes haha

Many thanks

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I realise we are all different but to give you an idea of what I run on here is a pic of my current basal profile
basal profile.jpg

Alexsalter47

jesus thats detailed and fine tuned! No doubt mine will one day be the same. But it just takes time to build these profiles. Today I made a nice break through. Ive tested 0.4 - 0.5 - 0.7 and 1.0 per hour on my rest profile now. And finally im getting a nice straight line on XDrip with 1.0 per hour. but this is resting. so theres a long way to go, but its a start!

may I ask why you have it peaking at 2.0 around 4am? is that prepping you for peak insulin for breakfast? I want to do such as well, but getting used to injecting so early prior to eating is hard atm. i feel like id start dropping before the 2 hours, i ll just have to get used to it

thanks for the photo and help :)

Alexsalter47

Man three spikes. Breakfast lunch dinner.

It's like I need a massive amount more for my carb ratio now. It's like if my ratio isn't bang on I spike or something. I never used to spike like this after meals on MDIs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-002703.jpg
    Screenshot_20200324-002703.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 336

Alexsalter47

Man three spikes. Breakfast lunch dinner.

It's like I need a massive amount more for my carb ratio now. It's like if my ratio isn't bang on I spike or something. I never used to spike like this after meals on MDIs

I injected ten before that dinner time Chinese takeaway. Didn't even eat a massive amount. It's 9.6 now. I've had in total 30units

Carbs suck now

Alexsalter47

I injected ten before that dinner time Chinese takeaway. Didn't even eat a massive amount. It's 9.6 now. I've had in total 30units

Carbs suck now

what a night. I mean that meal released slowly all night. it would take a lot to have controlled that. Guess I need to drop my carbs and focus on protein. cant be dealing with spikes all my life now lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-060039.jpg
    Screenshot_20200324-060039.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
jesus thats detailed and fine tuned! No doubt mine will one day be the same. But it just takes time to build these profiles. Today I made a nice break through. Ive tested 0.4 - 0.5 - 0.7 and 1.0 per hour on my rest profile now. And finally im getting a nice straight line on XDrip with 1.0 per hour. but this is resting. so theres a long way to go, but its a start!

may I ask why you have it peaking at 2.0 around 4am? is that prepping you for peak insulin for breakfast? I want to do such as well, but getting used to injecting so early prior to eating is hard atm. i feel like id start dropping before the 2 hours, i ll just have to get used to it

thanks for the photo and help :)
I suffered from dawn phenomenon and that 4am peak is 2 hours ahead of when my bloods start to rise
perhaps get a copy of Pumping Insulin -- a lot of very useful information on all aspects of pumping

also -- as I suggested in an earlier reply -- the first 2 months are all about learning , adjusting , seeing what works and what doesn't
hopefully you are in regular communication with your DSN -- mine was ringing me every 3 days for the first 4 weeks and we made all adjustments together after 45 minute to 1 hour phone calls

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Carbs suck now
in my early weeks on my pump I stuck to simple meals that did not make for tricky bolusing
think steamed vegetables , boiled potato , grilled chicken breast or salmon
ok -- maybe a bit boring but these are the sort of meals that were what I ate a lot of the time before pumping
so staying with my known routine did help
I think it was about week 5 I had my first go at pizza

Alexsalter47

in my early weeks on my pump I stuck to simple meals that did not make for tricky bolusing
think steamed vegetables , boiled potato , grilled chicken breast or salmon
ok -- maybe a bit boring but these are the sort of meals that were what I ate a lot of the time before pumping
so staying with my known routine did help
I think it was about week 5 I had my first go at pizza

I know what you mean. I normally eat good. I've gone low carb again. So lunch was salad and salmon. Which way way way better control I ll post today's blood to show

Alexsalter47

I suffered from dawn phenomenon and that 4am peak is 2 hours ahead of when my bloods start to rise
perhaps get a copy of Pumping Insulin -- a lot of very useful information on all aspects of pumping

also -- as I suggested in an earlier reply -- the first 2 months are all about learning , adjusting , seeing what works and what doesn't
hopefully you are in regular communication with your DSN -- mine was ringing me every 3 days for the first 4 weeks and we made all adjustments together after 45 minute to 1 hour phone calls

I actually bought that book the first.time you suggested it. I totally forgot about it as I've been so busy with work and pump and getting ill. I will get it out.

My consultants great but I don't have that great of a service as you did with yours. But I'm okay with that. I'm pretty independent. Here's my bloods while sensible with my meals this time. Even spread a large redbull over the morning and it's barely noticeable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-165250__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200324-165250__01.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 325