Treatment type
Pump
Diabetes in itself wont get you a letter to self-isolate

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No wee not required to, every one is in the same pool now which is stay at home and dont leave the house unless you have to work or get food.

The only difference are people with serious conditions of which diabetes is not on the list

ash55

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone received a text or letter, for type 1 or type 2 diabetes to self isolate. Thanks
My sister got one ,but she has multiple problems health wise mild type 2 on top . Think mainly because she has only 1 kidney .she's prone to infections

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone know the definite rules for over 70 in good health are they allowed to shop
Carol

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know the definite rules for over 70 in good health are they allowed to shop
Carol

Hi,

All the current rules for each group are displayed on the www.gov.uk website.
There are often, sometimes daily, updates so it is worth going to the source for the info, rather than relying on people here on the forum, whose info may be a day or two out of date. Although discussion is good! And often v helpful :) You can register with the website for text alerts when a new update is posted.

There have been several updates in the last 24 hours, including the small hours of this morning, so anyone telling you what they read as late as 6pm last night is already out of date.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

ash55

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Carol

When outside, people have been told to keep at least two metres apart from anyone living outside of their household. This is known as social distancing.

The Prime Minister described the Covid-19 crisis a "moment of national emergency" as he outlined the new, extraordinary measures. Police will be able to enforce the rules, and impose fines on people who do not abide by them.

Here are the only reasons people can now leave their homes and why:
- Shopping for basic necessities
Mr Johnson asked the public to go out to buy basic necessities such as food and medicine "as infrequently as possible" and to use delivery services where they could.
He said all shops selling non-essential goods, including clothing and electronic stores, would be closed immediately.

From evening standards basic essential shopping no reason why you cant because of your age. I'm 64 done most of shopping most days ,developing a very dry feeling in my throat yesterday a few hours after going out (not wearing mask ,wasn't particular in close proximity to any specific person or persons ) as I said dry feeling didn't feel nice as I gulped for any reason .drunk hot water as in tea or coffee hot in thick glass instantly felt an improvement to feeling in my throat.lasted all night .next morning felt very slight dryness, so drunk water boiled with lemon in it squeezed juice out into it .seems to help .good luck stay safe .I'd like to add had mild flem in throat way before virus and slight fever .dr said ok just a mild cold ,won't prescribe antibiotics, he said just work it out .panadol .but been overmonth not improved much .the dry throat was new addition to what I have been feeling .

Good luck stay safe

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
This is what we were informed 20.30 hours yesterday..

Basically a responsibility to protect ourselves & others in the comunity, along with easing the pressure on key workers.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had a text from the NHS but I have multiple health problems.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Somewhat potentially confusingly I got one yesterday from “NHS No reply” linking to generic advice and government websites. Now from this same header I’ve had appointment reminders from various hospitals and general messages from my practice with only a cryptic code at the end to differentiate who it’s from unless the message itself was clearer. I think this one was from my practice.

In the week people are waiting to hear if they are on the isolation list I can see it will have caused further confusion to many.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a government coronavirus alert text to stay at home with a link for info and exceptions.but I'd reckon everybody did, it certainly wasn't aimed specifically at any diabetics and although I tried to send a sarcastic reply but the number didn't allow for replies.

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
Has anyone received a text or letter, for type 1 or type 2 diabetes to self isolate. Thanks
I've not recieved one but cant see diabetes on list anymore as high risk I'm bricking it as I work in retail food store and customers are in your face totally ignoring the 2 meter rule I've been given 2 weeks isolation by company but got go back

ash55

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
I've not recieved one but cant see diabetes on list anymore as high risk I'm bricking it as I work in retail food store and customers are in your face totally ignoring the 2 meter rule I've been given 2 weeks isolation by company but got go back
Mask ,gloves ,soap water I'm sure you'll be fine . I do shopping for 2 house holds .in 64 not worn mask yet ,come home one day throat felt very dry like lumpy .drunk hot water with lemon within minutes felt massive difference lasted all night till next morning .same again follow any instructions government or NHS give regards keeping throat hydrated and vitamin C good as well .

SoulfulXombi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does appear to be diabetics aren’t on the list of extremely vulnerable as far as uk government’s concerned despite WHO listing us when I last checked.

This means we aren’t elligible for the government’s help with food delivery’s etc that those included can sign up for which is frustrating as I normally rely on online shopping being a non driver but now can’t get a slot for love nor money.

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Does appear to be diabetics aren’t on the list of extremely vulnerable as far as uk government’s concerned despite WHO listing us when I last checked.

Hi @SoulfulXombi - can you provide the WHO advice link please?

The UK govt 'extremely vulnerable' group is those undergoing chemotherapy, severe respiratory conditions (COVID-19 attacks the respiratory system), severely compromised immune systems, etc.

While I agree with the govt identifying diabetics as us vulnerable, I think it's only right that others - those listed as extremely vulnerable - come ahead of us: their conditions are far more severe re potential impact of COVID-19), their need is much greater.

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
Hi @SoulfulXombi - can you provide the WHO advice link please?

The UK govt 'extremely vulnerable' group is those undergoing chemotherapy, severe respiratory conditions (COVID-19 attacks the respiratory system), severely compromised immune systems, etc.

While I agree with the govt identifying diabetics as us vulnerable, I think it's only right that others - those listed as extremely vulnerable - come ahead of us: their conditions are far more severe re potential impact of COVID-19), their need is much greater.
I'm dreading having to go into work now not classed as vunerable I dont have a week chest as such but if I ever just get a head cold it always gives me a tight chest over years I've ended up with pluresy pneumonia whooping cough and odd chest infection and have ended up being rushed in ambulance once as I was so bad so this virus fills me with dread. I work in retail selling food and customers dont respect you with keeping safe distance

mouseee

I'm dreading having to go into work now not classed as vunerable I dont have a week chest as such but if I ever just get a head cold it always gives me a tight chest over years I've ended up with pluresy pneumonia whooping cough and odd chest infection and have ended up being rushed in ambulance once as I was so bad so this virus fills me with dread. I work in retail selling food and customers dont respect you with keeping safe distance
You are still in the category of higher risk so should be social isolating if possible. If there is any way to not work on the shop floor that would be better than nothing. But I know what retail is like.