Coronavirus letters

MW1961

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Work
I was sent home from work, last Tuesday, not so much for having diabetes but their benchmark was anyone who is entitled to the flu jab free!
It’s absolutely killing me, not literally of course, thinking about the further pressure my colleagues are under but orders is orders!

CrankyKat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have type 1 diabetes woth CKD. One infection could wipe my kidneys out. They are at 21% now.

This is not on the list so I’m not sure where I stand.

I had a text from the NHS but I have multiple health problems.
Is this the official text as the NHS have sent out a text today to all on there contact list saying to stay at home, I got one today thinking it was the official message but after speaking to my doctors it's not, they advised that the letters have been posted but could not tell me if type 1's we're covered.

victry77

There's a T1 on Facebook adamant he received an NHS text to self-isolate. Insists it wasn't the government one. Said that it doesn't say T1 specifically but because we are "immunosuppressed" that we fall into this bracket. All the other T1's are now expecting their text any minute now!

Missk_010

Hi I work for the NHS community warfarin team doing house visits to vulnerable patients, many over 70, face to face clinics and I can see upto 40 patients a day. I came back from Italy on the 6th March and on the 9th March got sent home for isolation for 2weeks. That was up on Friday. My occupational health has told me I am fine to go back to work doing my job regardless of having type 1 diabetes and asthma on two types of inhalers. Good old Nhs protect the public f**k the staff. They have potentially signed my death warrant. X

Has anyone received a text or letter, for type 1 or type 2 diabetes to self isolate. Thanks
I'm type 1 and called my diabetes nursery today for some advice after receiving the generic text from the NHS today, and as far as they are aware diabetics will not be getting letter at this moment in time.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes , supposed to get food delivery , tried Tesco , Sainbury, Waitrose, ALL have no availability pfffft !!
Try at midnight when the new slots are released. I've tried a few times on tesco and had no luck but managed to get an asda slot....in 3 weeks time :arghh:

I'm type 1 and called my diabetes nursery today for some advice after receiving the generic text from the NHS today, and as far as they are aware diabetics will not be getting letter at this moment in time.
Some advice of the gov website regarding letters,

"If you're at high risk, you will be contacted by the NHS by Sunday 29 March 2020. Do not contact your GP or healthcare team at this stage – wait to be contacted."

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My SIL and friend have both received texts telling them to stay indoors for 12 weeks and open the windows for fresh air. SIL had chemo last year and my friend has COPD. We’re wondering if my husband will get one as he has asthma, Afib and Parkinsonism.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I did get a text today, but it was only stating to look at the new rules that came into force for everyone, ie stay at home unless you need food, medical needs, a small bit of exercise etc

Jaysu

Question, is diabetes an inborn errors of metabolism issue ? Because I have read conflicting medical information. But this is on the critical health list. ????

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
You are still in the category of higher risk so should be social isolating if possible. If there is any way to not work on the shop floor that would be better than nothing. But I know what retail is like.
There's only 2 roles I could do and that's on checkouts or stack shelves which is what I do so I'm in the thick of it so to speak