Corona virus

Julianpipes28

I am a connection worker I am working all over the country and my wellbeing is suffering because of the corona virus as I am in hotels and I can not eat properly as every we’re is closing and my company are saying I have to keep working should I be self isolating any advice would be very much appreciated thank you

Lilylala

if you are a diabetic you should self isolate as the government adviser recommended every one should of received a text today from the government saying to stay at home.you should not be made to work.you should stay at home.we must all stay at home.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
if you are a diabetic you should self isolate as the government adviser recommended every one should of received a text today from the government saying to stay at home.you should not be made to work.you should stay at home.we must all stay at home.

My understanding is that diabetics are not counted as being at sufficiently at risk to get a text telling them to stay at home....

MollieB

I am a connection worker I am working all over the country and my wellbeing is suffering because of the corona virus as I am in hotels and I can not eat properly as every we’re is closing and my company are saying I have to keep working should I be self isolating any advice would be very much appreciated thank you
I live in the States and so I don't know if this would work over there (maybe some version would), but I would contact the doctor that manages your diabetes and tell them that your job is putting you at higher risk of coming into contact with the coronavirus because you have to be in public places and you have little control over your environment. Ask them to write you a note telling your employer that you should be self-isolating.

People that can't work from home are doing that here.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi

Unless you fall into one of the groups listed below (in which case you will have been, or will shortly be contacted), it is the social distancing rules that need to be followed, unless you have any symptoms, in which case you should self-isolate:
  • people who have received an organ transplant and remain on ongoing immunosuppression medication
  • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radiotherapy
  • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia who are at any stage of treatment
  • people with severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma (requiring hospital admissions or courses of steroid tablets)
  • people with severe diseases of body systems, such as severe kidney disease (dialysis)
This is a link to the latest government guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-other

jane1950

Uk Lockdown
how is the government going to get the police and others to enforce the rules of the lockdown, with going into a total lockdown, especially with the once a day daily exercise, all the police have said to me is they are going around doing their normal job, but may occasionally stop people to ask what they are doing, but how would they know if you had taken a walk earlier in the day, other than that, who else could be put on the streets to ask people about why they are out, would community wardens also get the power to enforce some of the rules

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Aren't all the hotels shut now that the UK is in lockdown?

Lilylala

My understanding is that diabetics are not counted as being at sufficiently at risk to get a text telling them to stay at home....
Every one in the UK yesterday was sent a text by the government to stay at home
IMG_20200325_100555.jpg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But not if you're on the front lines???

My 'Key Worker' husband got one, so I think they are intending everyone to receive one.

It made him laugh, because it came through just as he was setting off on a shift.
He would much rather have obeyed the text, turned round and sat doing nothing for the next 10 hours.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As I understand it, everyone with a cellphone received the text.
Yeah I think it was just sent to everyone.
My phone asked me if it was spam and whether it should be blocked :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I didn’t get the text so either I am a already doomed or I am considered immortal.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yeah I think it was just sent to everyone.
My phone asked me if it was spam and whether it should be blocked :)
Yes I got both texts one the general government warning and another from the NHS.

I have had no letter so probably not getting one. Then again this week have had no post at all and not seen hide nor hair of the postman.