Freestyle libre problem with supplier?

dex71

Hello all,

My pharmacist keeps telling me that there is an import problem to get the Freestyle libre sensor, I have ordered in December (as I am on prescription) but I have not received anything it yet. So I have to buy directly from the Abbott website and they always deliver it within a couple of days...so I am really puzzled on why via NHS it takes so long. Has anyone else had the same experience? Also does anyone know how to claim the money back from the NHS for the sensors that I had to pay by myself??

Thanks

Alex

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This has been a widespread problem but it seems to be calming down now, the reason the web shop orders are arriving in no time is because they use a different warehouse for that stock, the problem lies with the warehouse the prescription sensors are provided from, if you are a member of Facebook join the UK Users Freestyle Libre group as Nick over there has actually been getting in touch with Abbott and updating the situation over there xx

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @dex71 this problem has mainly been sorted now and the prescription service should be up and running fine.
As for claiming money back from the NHS......best of wishes on that. That was your choice to order them and the NHS will not compensate you

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
The ones I ordered (early Jan??) had a 2-3 week delay. Fortunately I have lots in reserve.
Chemist told me to order the next repeat repeat repeat ( :) ) prescription for them 3 weeks earlier than normal which I did last week and 3 packs were then within a few days so presumably they are back up and delivering on time now. I'll still be ordering my prescription for them 3 weeks before in the future just incase though.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
There seems to be a problem again with the delivery to my pharmacy. I'm already waiting for two weeks, my pharmacist doesn't know how long it will take. Am i the only one?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There seems to be a problem again with the delivery to my pharmacy. I'm already waiting for two weeks, my pharmacist doesn't know how long it will take. Am i the only one?
I put my repeat in 13th and was ready to collect 19th xx

Reactions: enzina

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
Ordered 4 sensors last Wed and collected beginning of this week with no issues. Probably could have collected a few days later if I'd been in a hurry. Ordered well before they were due incase there were any delays or shortages getting them with the pandemic.

Reactions: enzina

johen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am self funding at the moment and my sensors have arrived within 3 days (December to March) so I think it's a NHS problem somewhere?

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Yesterday i had a text from the pharmacy and could pick up the sensors.