Dexcom G6 with t:slim X2 and xDrip+

boxing

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
I am currently using the dexcom g6 with the tandem x2 with basal IQ I connect directly to the tandem .I also link it to my Samsung phone .The tandem is an excellent little pump that suspends insulin preventing a hypo . It's got plenty different alarm alerts which when you are sleeping can wake the dead Best device ever Enjoy it

annieMA

I'm in such a similar spot:

Starting my G6 - NIGHTMARE!

Well, that's a day of my life i won't get back again.
I put on my G6 Sensor and Transmitter, then i told xDrip+ to start the sensor.
I used the Source Wizard Button to choose the G5/G6 sensor.

At first it "seemed" like everything was ok.

I started a G6 sensor with 8H transmitter using Xdrip on Android 10. I'm done with the 2 hours wait and rather than getting readings, I see: "G6 State isn't currently known. Next connection will update this." But it's been over 15 mins since the clock ran out to zero and I don't think that there will be any "next connection". In the Xdrip events log, I see no evidence that there is any bluetooth chatter between the phone and transmitter, except for the lone entry from two hours ago "DexTimeKeeper No valid timestamp stored for transmitter). There simply aren't any events or errors indicating that the phone is attempting to talk to the transmitter at all.

I guess I will try the Dexcom App, which is a real bear since I want to use the Xdrip alarms and auto send my data to tidepool. I suppose I could collect with the dexcom app and then shoot everything over to xdrip, what a mess.

You said that you were able to restart the sensor using the Dexcom app, but how? I have used Xdrip to restart a 8g sensor by physically disconnecting the transmitter, and waiting the 2 hours, but the readings afterwards were *****. Were you able to get around the approximate 15 point increase after restarting?

UPDATE: Dexcom App won't work! Says my device is incompatible. I have a Pixel 3AXL running Android 10. The official list of compatible phones lists Pixel 3XL, not Pixel 3AXL.

So now I'm wearing about 350$ of junk.

Last edited:

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
I tried using the Dexcom app, which gave a good connection to the 8H sensor but like you I wanted to use xDrip+
So I did use the Dexcom Share info for the xDrip+ source. This DID work, after a fashion. Certainly more reliably than connecting directly to xDrip+.

Unfortunately, if you now consider the path of the data, you will realise what a nightmare this is.
Any hiccups in your Internet connection or your Bluetooth signal and you are right out of luck.

The Dexcom help desk said my phone was not suitable and also said that I needed to downgrade my phone from Android 9 to version 8.

Unfortunately for me I also had issues with my skin rejecting the sensor. Add to that the HMRC taking another £250 a month off me for their mistake, made me realise that this was not going to happen.

As for restarting sensors. If you remove the 8H transmitter for 15 mins, then put it back in, you can Restart a sensor again using its own number.

I went back to using a Libre/MiaoMiao hope this helps.

Regards
Chris Eaton

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I really do think that Dexcom & others should, by now, be offering a choice of 2 or more adhesives, so if you have problems with one you can try a different one. Surely it would be in their interests?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
The new transmitters with a serial of 8g or above will not work with xdrip... and the can not have the battery replaced either..

BUT you can use the dexcom app and setup sharing and use xdrip as a dexcom follower... works quite well

OR setup a nightscout account that collects the dexcom data then set xdrip as a nightscout follower

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
The new transmitters with a serial of 8g or above will not work with xdrip... and the can not have the battery replaced either..

BUT you can use the dexcom app and setup sharing and use xdrip as a dexcom follower... works quite well

OR setup a nightscout account that collects the dexcom data then set xdrip as a nightscout follower

Ammendment to this 8g sensors will now work with xDrip but you need to use one of the newer nightly builds... more support available on the xDrip Facebook group