Unusually High Blood Sugars

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Long story short, I'm a type 2 with fairly poor control at the moment. However, over the last few days my numbers have gone stratospheric, ranging from 13-18mmol/l, which is uncharacteristally high even if I've been eating badly (which I haven't).

I didn't touch carbs at all yesterday, and my bloods were still 18mmol/l upon waking.

Obviousy, this is making me slightly anxious, especially in the current climate.

Any thoughts what it might be? I'm wondering whether my body is fighting an infection of some sort, but I'm complete asymptonatic. I don't even have the dry mouth I normally get when bloods sugars are high

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Long story short, I'm a type 2 with fairly poor control at the moment. However, over the last few days my numbers have gone stratospheric, ranging from 13-18mmol/l, which is uncharacteristally high even if I've been eating badly (which I haven't).

I didn't touch carbs at all yesterday, and my bloods were still 18mmol/l upon waking.

Obviousy, this is making me slightly anxious, especially in the current climate.

Any thoughts what it might be? I'm wondering whether my body is fighting an infection of some sort, but I'm complete asymptonatic. I don't even have the dry mouth I normally get when bloods sugars are high
Any chance there might've been hidden carbs? What did you eat, specifically? What's your usual carb intake.

Mind you, when I'm ill or have an infection, my blood sugars know a day, sometimes two, before the rest of my body gets clued in. Keep an eye on yourself eh.
Good luck!
Jo

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Can you let us know how old you are and whether you are slim or have excess weight? These factors can sometimes point to being T1 rather than T2. Keep an eye on those sugars and if they go into the 20s and stay there be prepared to go to A&E