Metformin surplus

TardisDee

I recently got a 2 month supply of metformin but after another bout of stomach problems I was changed onto slow release. Consequently I have an unopened 2 month supply. Can’t throw away, can’t take to pharmacy to be disposed of, so any suggestions?

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How come it cant go to the pharmacy? Thats the best place to take un-needed medicine?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@TardisDee - If you mean you don't want to clog up the pharmacy queues at the moment, you could hang onto it until things are easier. It won't come to any harm.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does the Pharmacy have a letter box? if so maybe wrap the packs with a note, and go out of hours and pop them through?

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I recently got a 2 month supply of metformin but after another bout of stomach problems I was changed onto slow release. Consequently I have an unopened 2 month supply. Can’t throw away, can’t take to pharmacy to be disposed of, so any suggestions?
Keep them until this CV-19 is over with. It's just one thing more that they don't need to deal with right now.

TardisDee

Thank you for replies. I had meant that at the moment I wouldn’t take them to pharmacy as they have other more pressing issues to deal with. I will hold on to them for now.