Self isolation for 12 weeks ?????

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I'm 67.
I'm T2 under tight control no medication.
COPD but not bad enough to be on oxygen yet.
Spinal cord tumours benign so they won't kill me but lots of pain and mobility problems that change from one hour to the next.
Migraines.
Spinal arthritis.
Spinal damage in neck.
No letter but self isolating with wife.
Missing grandchildren daughter son etc.
Missing being able to visit people go out for a drive but ....

Making yoghurt and practicing my keyboard/synth skills and making music loops to later be stitched together into some kind of tune and uploaded to Reverb Nation.

Starxgirl

I'm getting worried now I missed out on being allowed the 12 week isolation from work. Work in a supermarket and they send people home last Friday that were diabetic as we on the vulnerable list . Nothing was said to me when i went to see my manger the next day was explained that if i'm unwell or I feel that i can no longer work I can take the 12 weeks. But with Diabetics not being sent out letters I'm worried that I'll only be allowed the 14 days now.

Jackiemiller

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks I’m type I, with ckd. I work in social care I decided after my shift on Monday that I was not going to work I’m due back to work tomorrow . I emailed gp who replied and said stay home but discuss this with your employer. My employer has asked me to get self isolating certificate, I have emailed my gp and asked for one of these is any one else in this position and if so did your gp give you this certificate?

Big_Col

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks I’m type I, with ckd. I work in social care I decided after my shift on Monday that I was not going to work I’m due back to work tomorrow . I emailed gp who replied and said stay home but discuss this with your employer. My employer has asked me to get self isolating certificate, I have emailed my gp and asked for one of these is any one else in this position and if so did your gp give you this certificate?
You don't go to your GP, you want 111.

https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/

Jackiemiller

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for that I checked this seems to be for people with symptoms or people living with someone with symptoms x

Anthony47

Being over 70 with diabetes and finding we are not the most vulnerable list prevents us from getting home delivery and means we have to go out to the shops and risk getting the virus - the government needs to add us onto the system.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Being over 70 with diabetes and finding we are not the most vulnerable list prevents us from getting home delivery and means we have to go out to the shops and risk getting the virus - the government needs to add us onto the system.
If you are in the UK then most supermarkets are giving priority to over 70's for home delivery, so you are already covered.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found the shops well organised yesterday, a spacious queue with security keeping a set number on site at any one time so there were no queues for the tills and best of all the shelves had stock on them, I even managed to get bog roll :p

On my bike ride it was clear people were getting the message as the gatherings I'd seen the day before had in the main stopped, everybody giving each other a wide berth in passing but with smiles and 'how do you do's' which I found positive.

I'm supposed to be having the 13 year old today, she wants to come so I can hardly say no :) but it'll be nice to have some company and mess to tidy up :p

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

In in almost the same exact position!

I work for a care home with people who have mental illness's and LD's. They are currently being isolated as much as possible.
I have currently been off work for 3 weeks and due to go back to work next week. (Annual leave entitlement)

1) Im 31yrs old and currently show no symptons.
2) The workplace is open and im an essential worker and their is work which must be done.

3) Im a type 1 and if i catch the virus theirs a higher chance of illness.

111 advice - said "im at no more risk of catching Covid to anyone else, my workplace is open) if you dont go in you could be sacked as your not commiting to your contracted hours"

Regards

Anyone else have any advice??

jan.steamqueen67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am very concerned Im Type 2 on two lots of meds for my Type 2 one being metformin but also on blood pressure tablets for High Blood pressure but Im a nhs worker in the ambulance control so work woth quite alot of people my husband is type 1 im terrified of taking anything home to him as he is 71 im 53 been married 24 years so he is my world i have to go into work no choice we had to fill a form in in work due to possible risks of being diabetic but once the meds are taken down etc then in one of the colums manager put me as low risk that now has to be sent off to HR, but that wont make any difference and god know s how long it will take for them to look at it. when i staarted the job i was not diabetic but in the last 6 years i became type 2 im so worried trying to stay in as much as possible except for work but im with a lot of people at work so sometimes the worry is getting the better of me. have to go out for shopping as cant get any online orders just feel so anxious

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In in almost the same exact position!

I work for a care home with people who have mental illness's and LD's. They are currently being isolated as much as possible.
I have currently been off work for 3 weeks and due to go back to work next week. (Annual leave entitlement)

1) Im 31yrs old and currently show no symptons.
2) The workplace is open and im an essential worker and their is work which must be done.

3) Im a type 1 and if i catch the virus theirs a higher chance of illness.

111 advice - said "im at no more risk of catching Covid to anyone else, my workplace is open) if you dont go in you could be sacked as your not commiting to your contracted hours"

Regards

Anyone else have any advice??

I do wish the so called 'experts' would get it right. You might well not be at any more risk of catching it, the risk comes if you catch it and if you do you ARE more at risk of more severe symptoms. That's why they want you taking EXTRA steps to steer clear of it in the first place. If 111 don't understand then we may as well give up. x

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am very concerned Im Type 2 on two lots of meds for my Type 2 one being metformin but also on blood pressure tablets for High Blood pressure but Im a nhs worker in the ambulance control so work woth quite alot of people my husband is type 1 im terrified of taking anything home to him as he is 71 im 53 been married 24 years so he is my world i have to go into work no choice we had to fill a form in in work due to possible risks of being diabetic but once the meds are taken down etc then in one of the colums manager put me as low risk that now has to be sent off to HR, but that wont make any difference and god know s how long it will take for them to look at it. when i staarted the job i was not diabetic but in the last 6 years i became type 2 im so worried trying to stay in as much as possible except for work but im with a lot of people at work so sometimes the worry is getting the better of me. have to go out for shopping as cant get any online orders just feel so anxious

On what basis exactly has your 'Manager' decided you are low risk? Your risk should be decided by your HR in conjunction with qualified Health Professionals taking note of govt advice, who (hopefully) know what they are talking about, rather than a Manager who reads the govt advice and decides 'Yeah but Jan Steamqueen looks ok'. x

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
*waves from an appropriate distance to fellow ambulance person*

Have you spoken to Occy Health?

Jan30012016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do wish the so called 'experts' would get it right. You might well not be at any more risk of catching it, the risk comes if you catch it and if you do you ARE more at risk of more severe symptoms. That's why they want you taking EXTRA steps to steer clear of it in the first place. If 111 don't understand then we may as well give up. x

Very well said!

Exactly what i said to the women on the 111 phoneline. I explained "im more vulnerable of becoming ill if i catch it according to most health services" yet the government say no according to you?

She said its up to your employer weather you get paid. Your not more at risk of catching, your an essential worker, you not following your contract if you dont go in and your supposed too.

I said dont you think thats a little contradicting..??

She didnt understand.

Reactions: KK123

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very well said!

Exactly what i said to the women on the 111 phoneline. I explained "im more vulnerable of becoming ill if i catch it according to most health services" yet the government say no according to you?

She said its up to your employer weather you get paid. Your not more at risk of catching, your an essential worker, you not following your contract if you dont go in and your supposed too.

I said dont you think thats a little contradicting..??

She didnt understand.

Not to mention, your work & contract is none of her business, she is not an employee's rights expert either.

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
**** doctors. Airport travel.
Surely I can't be the only one praying for rain?

All this good weather and the 'current situation' seems to have brought everybody out. I want to go on a run without loads of people around.

*Please join me in my rain dance.:playful:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Surely I can't be the only one praying for rain?

All this good weather and the 'current situation' seems to have brought everybody out. I want to go on a run without loads of people around.

*Please join me in my rain dance.:playful:
I’d like rain. Someone is setting grass fires on the hills and mountains around where I live and taking up valuable resources, as well as causing untold damage.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’d like rain. Someone is setting grass fires on the hills and mountains around where I live and taking up valuable resources, as well as causing untold damage.

Two food delivery vans torched in Bristol an hour after the advice to stay home.
Valuable resources gone. Whatever you pray for. Maybe some common sense...?