Freestyle Libre Wont Stay On!

EmmaJemX

Hey everyone!

I got my libre sensor a month ago, and since then I have had a lot of trouble with the sensor staying put.

The issue isn't with the actual adhesive itself, that stays on fine. However, the actual sensor starts pulling away from the adhesive! I am a side sleeper and tend to lay on the side where my libre sits.

Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to prevent this?

Atm, I do have patches covering the entire sensor, but I would like to not do this too often.

Keep Smiling! :)

MrsBRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the support bandages you can get. The stretchy tube ones. Use a knee one & pull it up over the top of my arm every night. Try it.

Reactions: Energize

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Tegaderm patches to hold the libre in place and it stays on, I'm a side sleeper and doubt I'd be able to keep the sensor on without the patch, but for me they're ok (patches) and I don't get a skin reaction.

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
TBH i sleep on the opposite side to the libre..takes practice but i put it on the op side to the side i sleep on....i also cover it with tubigrip ... youll get used to it

Reactions: XxTinkerxx

deanf27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi emmajemx I'm on the sensor my self I've had trouble with it myself swimming being one but I use a special medical tape called mefix tape it's really good water proof and stuff try asking your doctor or gp to proscribe it but all my best.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @EmmaJemX

Welcome to the forum.

I place the sensor inside the arm. Haven't lost one to date..

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My problem is slightly different in that the sensor won't stay stuck to me. My solution is to use Tegaderm or Hydrofilm over the top. Transparent so not that obvious and I might need to stick a second one over the top after trimming loosening edges after a week but it works for me. Hope you find something that works for you @EmmaJemX

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK? Thinking about this..? I've worked a lot with "3M" tape of automotive use in the past.

Have you tried warming the sensor up just a little before its applied, & just after. Pressing it down firmly & round the edges by playing a bit of warm air from a hairdryer on it?

It normally helps in colder weather with adhesion not only on my vehicles, but with applying the sensor too..

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone!

I got my libre sensor a month ago, and since then I have had a lot of trouble with the sensor staying put.

The issue isn't with the actual adhesive itself, that stays on fine. However, the actual sensor starts pulling away from the adhesive! I am a side sleeper and tend to lay on the side where my libre sits.

Atm, I do have patches covering the entire sensor, but I would like to not do this too often.

I always bandage my sensor to stop it coming loose, which helps to stop the sensor falling off. I would also recommend firmly applying the sensor and prodding it to make sure it's secure.

Simon barnard

Hey everyone!

I tend to use compression sleeves. They help avoid accidental removal, I also locate mine on the inside, rather than the outside of my arm, to prevent bumps from door frames.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use skintac wipes to help keep the sensor in place. You can get them various places such Diabetes Supply and Amazon.

Hope this helps

Goma5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had this a couple of times where they get caught, but they have hung in there (literally) and gone the distance. the watch straps are good just to help the dodgy ones stay on. I never have to use minr much tho.