Type 2 on 3 types of insulin and prostate cancer but still not a special case so will have to go out

Vegman1441

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m type 2 on 3 types of insulin and have prostate cancer but still don’t get the letter so being forced to go looking for food

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Have you tried the covid mutual aid groups on facebook - there will hopefully be one in your area, full of volunteers to help with shopping, etc.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m type 2 on 3 types of insulin and have prostate cancer but still don’t get the letter so being forced to go looking for food

Hi there, I think I read somewhere that if you don't get a letter but feel you are/should be in the very vulnerable group, get in touch with your GP. x

Vegman1441

Type of diabetes
Type 2

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

i found this earlier today.
http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/co...practice-nhs-letter-23-march/20040424.article
It goes into more detail about the categories and how the letter process works.

Elsewhere, this link explains that the letters are being sent over several days, and may not arrive until the 29th March
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/advice-for-people-at-high-risk/

Hi there, thank you! That pulsetoday one is VERY interesting and states that 'some' diabetics may well come into the very vulnerable group if their hb1ac is over 75 for example, or they are not managed well. I can see why GPs are all over the place & under pressure.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
I’m still not on the list , never been on Facebook I’m just not important enough.
This is very sad... We are all important. You are here and reaching out... we can all listen, that can sometimes be enough.
We all need to ask for help when we need it... and not be too proud or stubborn to ask or accept it.
Po