What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.0 this am. Not sure why my fasting BGs are always so high. Two years ago they were always in the mid-5s.
It is last to comeunder control, and first to be raised, @Welshman.
I know this from personal experience. Also find my fasting stays high until I eat.
this morning mine was 7.4. Not really worried as yesterday after early breakfast was seeing 4s and 5s rest of day. So I treated myself to rum hot toddy last night. Working on principle that if alcohol hand gel kills viruses, I was going to use alcohol to give my innards a fighting chance.
:D
Stay well and stay home if you are not an essential key worker.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thank you so much and glad you are about and posting your wisdom. Feast of The Annuciation today - seems we've become very religious lately as folk have stocked up to celebrate:angelic:
Well I am one of many I think hoping and praying for a little divine intervention at this time stay well and keep safe.
John.

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
7.4 today full of cold and a cold sore . Its been 10.2 before tea i felt unwell all day . Not tried to low carb today either as just wanted quick food as can't be bothered . I've got a craving for strawberries can't get enough of them .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke to 8.1 which reduced to 6.8 within 30 minutes.

Trying to get exercise in the confines of home, as I am under ‘house arrest’ for 12 weeks. Feel fortunate to have a garden.

A huge ‘thank you’ to all those keyworkers (I think @karen8967 is one, not meaning to miss any others, but not sure of any others here). Also those who have volunteered to assist in key roles, and everyone making supreme efforts to be considerate.

Only thing I feel able to do atm, is follow instructions to stay put and not put myself at risk of needing scant resources. And to remember the difference between ‘want’ and ‘need’.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
7.4 today full of cold and a cold sore . Its been 10.2 before tea i felt unwell all day . Not tried to low carb today either as just wanted quick food as can't be bothered . I've got a craving for strawberries can't get enough of them .
Get well soon

Reactions: ert