What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.3 for me today.

So a dilemma, shop now before C19 gets worse in this area or continue to ration and wait until we really, really need to? Or perhaps wait three weeks when we will have to collect Mrs MC repeat prescription?

Take care, be thoughtful of others and when safe to do so allow just for awhile, distraction and peace into your soul today
Take care if you shop now @Muddy Cyclist
My personal view is now and later when you collect the meds. But take every precaution going.
And the police are stopping cars my way to check your journey is essential. And check you have disposable gloves on for the fuel if you need some. The fuel station wouldn't dispense fuel unless you showed your gloves on your hands, and it might have only been chance, but there was a police car in the forecourt.

l live near a police station, which has loads of police cars, and unmarked cars and more vans. I live near the border of England and Wales.

I would want to go out as least as possible.

Take care everyone.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.6 on the dice today.
Worried about kids, eldest daughter (community COPD physio) will be front line treating people who aren't hospitalized but are ill in their home with the virus, she has been for mask fitting but has been told not to worry about the masks because none will be available, and the gowns they have been shown that they will have to wear take two people to fit them and the physios work on their own.
Nuff said, too depressed with it all to moan anymore, have a good day folks.
Appalling, feel for you.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Glad we had the morale booster last night. Hope NHS and HCPs feel appreciated.

Yes, the home-made chicken curry with the lentils just had to have basmati rice too. So, feeling a bit like Winnie the Pooh after too much honey, FBG 7.7 mmo/lt at 0630. Temp. 36.3 C

Back to my Noah activity today, plenty of adjusting, gluing and fixing. Keep safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The looks on the faces of his staffers standing behind him say it all...particularly Dr Fauci who Trump has stated he is a good man...oh dear that means the writing is on the wall likely to be dismissed shortly Krystyna.
Yes, I agree. Actually I amazed he lasted this long as he is reported to have become 'a beacon of truth, often contradicting the unfounded claims made by Trump regarding the corona virus.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Countries across Europe dont now treat the elderly..will we follow? .I think most likely.
That's exactly what has been giving me nightmares at the moment. Just hoping that the scientists who are working so hard on a vaccine will get one up and running very quickly and the good thing is that anyone at risk will get priority.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 which is fine. A 5 is a 5 any day.
@Muddy Cyclist thank you for the beautiful painting I love the contrast of the silvery moon on water and the green outposts. Re collecting your meds there might be a volunteer scheme where you live. I am in a tiny village and I can have my meds collected by volunteers and left by my front door. It helps we are in the age group that dont pay for meds. @trick60 very large hug for your worry and God Bless and protect your girl. @jjraak sending best wishes and hugs to you and yours. Take no chances. @SlimLizzy liked the tomato and avocado find.
Take care everyone. Have a good Friday. Stay well, stay safe.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ryhia the lessons are divided into very short sections 5- 10 mins long. There is strong encouragement to login daily. It's possible I misremembered the fee to upgrade to advert free. However would not have been expensive and I am learning so much more now. There is a three mistakes and you are temporarily out system which slows progress in the free version. Plus the adverts are annoying.
@SaskiaKC Leylandii can get very tall. Up to 40 feet. Ours is now approximately half it's original height at about 8 feet. Its now as tall as it is wide. Am still shrinking it slowly and carefully because although a very vigorous hedge Leylandii is also sensitive. Cut it back too much and you have permanent ugly brown patches.
@gennepher hugs for your seed frustration. Have been trying to buy seeds here in Normandy. On Amazon.fr 10 x courgette seeds cost a massive €12.50. All DIY stores are closed. So are garden centres. Seeds difficult to find, seedlings impossible.
But sorting the last few pots in the garden found a self seeded tomato.plant growing in with an avocado. Left the two friends together. (It's a bit late.for quarantine) but gave them some new compost. Weather report says it's going to be cold. Maybe i need to fetch my seedlings in. Bricomarché will.deliver a tiny greenhouse, but if you want a polytunnel you have to collect it. But ofc you cant because they are shut. Grrrr useless people.
Thanks for the info @SlimLizzy. Just checked Thompson and Morgan online, they have lots of veg seeds in stock including courgettes - Be aware though Thompson and Morgan are always a little more expensive than other seed suppliers - Don't know if they will deliver to France but perhaps a family member can order for you and forward on. Wonder if it is worth trying to grow seeds sourced from store bought courgettes, that's sometimes how I get my tomato seeds not supposed to be as good but works for me. May give that a go again this year.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
With all that's crazy going on in the world I feel uneasy posting my art this evening. Equally I promised I would finish the first in my @OldButBold Lost Souls watercolour. So here it is A4 size Watercolour Lost Souls entering the grey havens by moonlight.

View attachment 39717
Thank you for posting your art, it is so appreciated - looking forward to the next one.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.7 today which is both a fail for LC and utterly irrelevant whilst the Pale Horse stalks the planet. Since no one asked I'll volunteer my temperature of 34.5 - a little on the highish side for me. Lancet editor? on Question Time was quite scathing so article not surprising. This forum has a track record of seeing things almost totally opposite to NHS/Govt Scientists cum experts - eatwell plate/don't test - so why is anyone surprised? We are where we are with leaders - UK had a resounding election win for this lot and USA may/should have a chance in November. I would never have chosen these guys but quite literally my life and those of millions of others depend on them and we knew, or should have known, that in December - at least we get a choice. Take care and @trick60 thinking of you and your daughter.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
27-03-2020

7.29am FBG 4.8

Weight 47.6kg down .2kg

Yesterday's plans got changed. Instead of digging helped to carry 50 half sheets of plasterboard upstairs. Did manage to repot some herbs and put some more seeds in.

The tomato plant is in a very sorry state. So bad I would not normally try to revive it. The avocado is invisible underground still, but has roots.

Considering going shopping Do we really need salad stuff that badly

Is there any hope for this poor plant?
20200327_084404.jpeg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...been up for about an hour replying to emails completely forgot about my FBG...stunned how many many self employed have been shafted by the Chancellor on paper it looks fine hearing it sounds fine but when you dissect it the protection is derisory...e.g. I travel long distances for work live in a rural area I need a car for work as we all know that is expensive...I have to have a room at home for work the cost of that is not included...my law books my pens my notebooks none of these are included...I am not asking for anything extraordinary just for the self employed to be covered for 80% of their income not their profits many of us do not make a profit or will suffer losses...we pay tax & national insurance we pay less because we are not entitle to sick pay holiday pay & have no employment protection we have been let down warned we will now have to pay more tax & N.I I hope that means in future that means the self employed will, be entitled to the same benefits as PAYE employees somehow I doubt that.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 for me nice little lie in for me have a good day everyone and enjoy this warm weather albiet from your own garden/window be safe and stay well

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going round my garden to find any seedlings from previous years @SlimLizzy
There will be some. But not tomato plants. Take care of yours!
I'm going to use seeds from bought tomatoes, have done this in the past when I bought some orange tomatoes and decided to see if they would grow - worked fine.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another bright and sparkly morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of national misinformation and denial came in at 4.5 this am

Clapping - no. Not on our tiny cul-de-sac. My next door neighbour is doing 18 hour shifts. She is a theatre nurse, now shifted to triage. So no - she needs her sleep. She needs for us to do her shopping, leaving it by her door for when she gets home. Her adult son moved in with his grandparents over two weeks ago so that her house is just for herself. We keep in contact by text messages.
What she really needs are masks, gloves, gowns. When she does get a mask, she wears it all day and the grooves are apparent on her haggard face. What she really needs is a good nights sleep. So no, no clapping last night.
This is going to get worse.

Have a great day if you can.

Reactions: DJC3