What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands and you are a member of the facebook group 'Libre line art'.
Did a bit of fiddling with the picture in the post below and posted it in the Fb group under the title 'Very calm seas last night' :cool:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...se-full-on-chat.163627/page-1126#post-2240149

91179551_10220249524142615_1082917798289604608_o.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So here is the second of my paintings of Lost Souls inspired by @OldButBold this is low mist on the beach. Watercolour A4 about 2 hours. I have put the first as a thumbnail. Originally planned to do three on this theme but I think two will suffice.

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2808.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Painting for today

using SketchClubApp and Snapseed...

View attachment 39738
Well executed, this is very Modigliani style like it.

This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands and you are a member of the facebook group 'Libre line art'.
Did a bit of fiddling with the picture in the post below and posted it in the Fb group under the title 'Very calm seas last night' :cool:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...se-full-on-chat.163627/page-1126#post-2240149

91179551_10220249524142615_1082917798289604608_o.jpg

Nice to see others work hanging in the gallery, keep it up.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: HarryBeau

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
When I want to post a picture on here I usually first post it on Facebook to shrink it enough for the forum. Then I right click and copy the picture and paste it here.
There are easier ways, but this is the way that works for me.

(edited to remove reply to deleted post)

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha Ha Ha @karen8967
BTW, anyone, help please, how do you display a jpeg image on your post?
Hi true blue
I can only do it from my phone dont know how to on laptop ,i click on the circle in the quick reply bit then all my pictures from my gallery come up click on the pic you want and it sends also you have to add txt or it wont post .also the jpeg images i see on facebooketc i save to my phone so there in my gallery hope this makes sense

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now this is interesting, when I copy and paste your link it sends me to a lovely pic of a very cozy sailing yacht. But it also sends me to the Facebook page of the ship (which isn't bad at all! Is it yours?).
When I want to post a picture on here I usually first post it on Facebook to shrink it enough for the forum. Then I right click and copy the picture and paste it here.
There are easier ways, but this is the way that works for me.
I never thought of putting it on Facebook to reduce the image size @Antje77
I downloaded an image resizer app which i tend to use now.
Prior to that I emailed the photo to myself and it gives an option to resize before I send.
Also, I belong to a chat app, which allows me to save messages or put messages in without sending them to a person. And then when I take the photos back out, it is reduced @True Blue

I think we all find out different ways of doing this, reducing the file size

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never thought of putting it on Facebook to reduce the image size @Antje77
I downloaded an image resizer app which i tend to use now.
Prior to that I emailed the photo to myself and it gives an option to resize before I send.
Also, I belong to a chat app, which allows me to save messages or put messages in without sending them to a person. And then when I take the photos back out, it is reduced @True Blue

I think we all find out different ways of doing this, reducing the file size

Agree .

on phone for pics manipulation, I use Google photos... Crop, storage, upload, all inside app.. But no resize.
For that I also have quikpic.

Let's me resize any pic to set sizes..640 is the usual for forums

Save pic at that size.. Then when posting. I use
"Upload a file,,"..
Works fine for me.

AHH.. Just went to find link ....
And it's not there.
. Found this if of any use.

Could then go play store and read up..?
Then install and see if any good, and just go through list maybe.,?

https://www.guidingtech.com/quickpic-alternatives/

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Agree .

on phone for pics manipulation, I use Google photos... Crop, storage, upload, all inside app.. But no resize.
For that I also have quikpic.

Let's me resize any pic to set sizes..640 is the usual for forums

Save pic at that size.. Then when posting. I use
"Upload a file,,"..
Works fine for me.

AHH.. Just went to find link ....
And it's not there.
. Found this if of any use.

Could then go play store and read up..?
Then install and see if any good, and just go through list maybe.,?

https://www.guidingtech.com/quickpic-alternatives/
That is a good link @jjraak
Just gone through the different options
I will explore it better when daylight arrives...and my brain has woke up...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can go to the old versions of quick pic..
But I would be wary

I'd suggest waiting for @OldButBold to check on and get his advice.. Installing apps outside apple or Google gardens, can cause issues.
I have done so, no known harm, But I'd hate to say do it, incase it was infected.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can go to the old versions of quick pic..
But I would be wary

I'd suggest waiting for @OldButBold to check on and get his advice.. Installing apps outside apple or Google gardens, can cause issues.
I have done so, no known harm, But I'd hate to say do it, incase it was infected.

I did a Speed read through the post @jjraak . I read that Quick pic was dubious in its old form.
Once I've done a speed read, I read again a few hours later to work it out...

I never install apps that are not from the official sites.

just won't do that.

thanks

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.4 for me today. Had a strange spike last night 5.1 before evening meal 7.2 2 hours later. We think it was the sausage from our local farm shop which we were unable to check the carbs in, who knows? So happy with this morning's score.

Duller but still cold here today.

Keep informed, supportive and careful today.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there Folks. Thanks for all the pic insertion clues. I don't do social media and rarely use my rubbish smartphone, so guess that is why I'm struggling. My amateur photographer images go un-shared, except as e-mail attachments or framed gifts. I have digital copies of the family archive going back over 100 years, digitised using an Epson scanner.

I use a Fuji digital camera and download to Microsoft Office/Windows 10. I sometimes adjust my images using Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.

Back to the here and now. FBG 6.1 mmo/lt at 0530. Temp. 36.1 C.

Carpentry still in progress. using solid teak at big £££, no mistakes so far, touch wood, ha ha. Keep safe.

Last edited: