urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Plenty of time on my hands and a few random thoughts.

Can Covid-19 stop bombs and warplanes when politicians and generals continually fail us?

Can Covid-19 stop us (even temporarily) polluting our planet where we are too greedy and too stupid to listen to advice?

Can Covid-19 stop (even temporarily) drug dealing, knife crimes and shootings when police forces are powerless to act?

Can Covid-19 bring the whole planet together (even temporarily) for the greater good so that we start actually being 'nice' to each other?

Can Covid-19 make our politicians and leaders redundant? They aren't really doing anything we wouldn't have done by ourselves anyway. And their slow response has probably made the situation worse than it needed to be.

Scientists say that what separates mankind from the animal kingdom is imagination.

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just got my first COVID19 scam HMRC email asking me for personal details.

Reactions: jjraak

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wow. I've seen some other things being posted on social media about people offering to do shopping for the elderly and infirmed and then making off with bank cards and cash etc. Some of it could be the usual rubbish that goes the rounds of course.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I remember reading somewhere, reports of people wearing facemasks collapsing in the street in Wuhan.

This morning I was Skyping an colleague in India and he told me that somebody collapsed in the elevator and now nobody can use it until it's been deep cleaned.

Did these people ignore the symptoms or does the illness come on really quickly for some people?

Reactions: jjraak and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My guess is that it comes on quickly.

The 3 times in my life that I have had flu it came on within minutes. I was fine and the next thing I knew I had fainted.

Similarly my recent 'normal' throat infection came on within a minute. One minute fine the next my throat was extremely sore.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My son was telling me about the 'wet markets' in Wuhan. I feel sick at the thought of them.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idris Elba on having Covid with asthma and remaining asymptomatic.

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
**** doctors. Airport travel.
It's pretty shocking how the Conservative government has managed this so far. Anyone would think their plan was to spread the virus as much as possible to kill off as many of the sick and elderly as possible to save money.

Then all the other things we already knew about are now hitting home including - The NHS and Social Care balls-ups - Front line workers don't even have basic PPE equipment *** - (I've even seen pictures of people having to make their own at home - AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!).
Rushing to protect their business mates first. The Universal Credit shocker. Zero hours contract workers.

Meanwhile the continual inaction, lies, question dodging whilst the Pound Shop Trump closes parliament and runs off to hide in his countryside retreat as the **** is really about to hit the fan.

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1243119179529666560

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1242959154404352000

https://twitter.com/EmergMedDr/status/1242998315903410177

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Filippino obsession with face masks.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51896636

Personally think we should be changing our attitudes and making them compulsory.

It won't stop us getting the virus, sure, but it sure as hell stops us spreading the virus as easily everywhere.

And if we all did, what effect would that have if we added it to all the other Methods in flattening that curve.?

The mask protects others, just like dog muzzles protects other dogs.. And if we all wore one....,??

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting post.

https://medium.com/@Cancerwarrior/c...here-is-new-scientific-rationale-280e08ceee71

. most effective means to prevent infection. Therefore, surgical masks, perhaps even your ski-mask, bandanas or scarf, may afford more protection than portrayed by governmental official in their initial (understandable but unfortunate) recommendation against wearing of masks by the public in general.
N95 respirator masks may offer relatively little additional protection than thought. (To be fair, the CDC suggests use of scarf by health care providers as last resort when no face masks are available).

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Hope yer all well.?

Since i appreciate tight vocal harmonies in a tune..
I felt it appropriate to put this one forward, i just found.

Seemed the right place to share.

Reactions: urbanracer

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Look for the one with the piano player singing "stay the _____ at home" - unfortunately it's a little too risque for these pages.

Reactions: Jaylee

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not been out for 9 days now. Not complaining - just being cautious with having both diabetes and asthma. Luckily I have a supply of inhalers.

A friend of mine who lives in London has just posted on her facebook page that on day 14 after the first symptoms of CV she is now able to live again.

Things that helped;
Paracetamol
The brown and blue inhalers but especially the brown!
The antibiotics - day 4 today
Vitamin C - 1000mg
Hot drinks - honey lemon turmeric
Food
Friends & Family - all those positive vibes made a real difference.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Look for the one with the piano player singing "stay the _____ at home" - unfortunately it's a little too risque for these pages.

Just did. Quality.. :cool:

Check out "Dirty hands must come clean, AC/DC parody."