What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.2 today.
Daughter’s partner is allowed out to the shops today so can pay the butcher and get more food. The fresh stuff I have left is looking very sad now. Another week for the rest of us, which is fine by me thanks to modern technology, whatsapp and FaceTime are a godsend.
I’m playing a lot of indoor games with Dennis - hide and seek, obstacle courses etc so he’s enjoying it too. He’s got a ***** eye though - I rang the vet and she sent some antibiotic drops in the post which I’m pleased about. Hope they work soon. I think we are going to tackle those eyebrows with scissors ourselves, I’m sure they aren’t helping. Fingers crossed we don’t make a complete hash of it.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got there folks. Saved my image to my pic sharing site. Flickr, e-mail shared image to myself, then copy and paste image from e-mail, direct to this site.
BTW, my fine Yanmar 3GM is in shot, showing boat nerds the new position of the primary fuel filter, very important, pay attention at the back.
39005346321_60e2ed476e_m.jpg

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning with a temp of 36.0, however, I do have a dry cough that has appeared from nowhere. I shall be watching that one :nurse:

@jjraak and @gennepher this is probably the safest way for Android users https://support.google.com/docs/answer/4600160?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

@True Blue the easiest way for pc/laptop uploads is to click the 'upload a file' button below and select any pic or file from your hard drive. I use Photoshop to resize but GIMP is the best open source free art package. Hope that helps

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got there folks. Saved my image to my pic sharing site. Flickr, e-mail shared image to myself, then copy and paste image from e-mail, direct to this site.
BTW, my fine Yanmar 3GM is in shot, showing boat nerds the new position of the primary fuel filter, very important, pay attention at the back.
39005346321_60e2ed476e_m.jpg
Brilliant!!!
Glad you sussed it.
Always a way @True Blue
:)

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning with a temp of 36.0, however, I do have a dry cough that has appeared from nowhere. I shall be watching that one :nurse:

@jjraak and @gennepher this is probably the safest way for Android users https://support.google.com/docs/answer/4600160?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

@True Blue the easiest way for pc/laptop uploads is to click the 'upload a file' button below and select any pic or file from your hard drive. I use Photoshop to resize but GIMP is the best open source free art package. Hope that helps
A hug for the dry cough.
And informative for the support Google link. Thanks for that @OldButBold

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@OldButBold a virtual shielding arm around you for dry cough. My fbg was 5.4 . LC/keto level OMAD fails to deliver again but a fair amount of background noise in the environment just now so maybe cut it some slack. Stay well, safe and by so doing protect those who sustain, secure and heal others.
Temp 34.1 - Yes Tom, that's not unusual either

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Looks a lot cooler outside today. Shucks possibly (hopefully) too cold to tackle the garage clearout - probably cannot do it without a skip anyway. Stuff in there going back to 2005 when we first moved into the house. Even got an old millennium falcon in there somewhere - happy days.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 again this morning. Temperature 34.6. Struggling to keep up with all the friendly texts and emails I am receiving from clients after sending out the four lesson plans and exercise sheets and my texts enquiring whether everyone had received them.

Have finally sorted out correct email addresses for everyone in my 19 classes and made lists of people who don't have a printer and need the exercises sent by post, those who can't print off word docs and need a pdf doc instead and those who cannot receive my emails unless I send them via my gmail account.

What is really ironic is that class members are following my lesson plans and scheduling time for exercise and I am actually doing less exercise because I am spending hours on the computer making sure everyone can do the exercises at home.

That all changes today because the setting up is complete and I now have time to do the exercises myself.

Out with the doggies shortly - the sun has just started shining.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cooler morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of bulk sofa testing into the early hours and some pathetic food choices came in at 5.2 this am

The chimp in my head escaped yesterday on day six of my not going out regime and I now have a blue beard, evidently in support of the NHS - a flag sort of thing - but stuck to my face. Ah well. Another excuse not to go out.

Our eldest granddaughter set up a multi video conference yesterday so we had all six of our grandchildren with their parents all on chatter mode. Will we do it every day, or will it just drive us all crazy. Also had a virtual koffy morning with a few friends which was good.

My youngest brother, a hairdresser who lives in Bristol, was pleased that he would get funds. He has closed down and thankfully has enough funding to last for three months or so.

@OldButBold - as Ian said, a virtual shielding arm snaking your way.

“I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough hello’s to get you through the final good-bye.”

Koffy

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
LC/keto level OMAD fails to deliver again
To be fair that falls into the known unknown category. I have no idea what fbg or bg at any time would be without this lifestyle. Render unto Caesar covers that one IMHO. Time for pruning in Ian's world - my war with LC/keto and bg is so pre-COVID (like so much else)

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m playing a lot of indoor games with Dennis - hide and seek, obstacle courses etc so he’s enjoying it too. He’s got a ***** eye though - I rang the vet and she sent some antibiotic drops in the post which I’m pleased about. Hope they work soon.
Hope Dennis's eye improves quickly with the antibiotic eye drops. What a good idea for your vet to do a phone consultation and then post the drops.

Reactions: jjraak and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.2 today after cod dinner. A couple of gins in the mix.
Bright and sunny again but very cold out there. All animals fed and watered. Ready for my second mug of tea. No real plans other than a bit of weeding in the rose bed, make a Tikka Masala, home physio with friend, phone calls to our boys, nap with furry girls, find a cheery movie and count my blessings.
Have a good Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
28-03-2020
6.40am FBG 5.4
Today I will venture out into what feels like a very dangerous world.

Edited to add.
@ianpspurs thank you for your most apt posting.
BUT
seems I am not going anywhere today as the car has a flat battery. Shopping now postponed until Monday. We have enough milk to last until then - just. Maybe i will try making bread over the w/e. Garden is mostly sorted now. The big push to get veggies in the ground is over. Grass needs cutting. Might have to be housework today. This is made more likely by the current cool and cloudy weather.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 meant to say hope Dennis’s eye improves quickly with the drops. Good luck with the eye brow trim another skill you can add to your CV.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I rang the vet and she sent some antibiotic drops in the post which I’m pleased about. Hope they work soon
Ahh he may have got an eyelash in it or scratched it when he was charging about...what a sensible vet...good luck with the eyebrows DJC

Reactions: Ryhia

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stuff in there going back to 2005 when we first moved into the house.
I feel a little better about the boxes still in one of the out buildings from our move in 2013 now...I am determined to sort those out this year...honest!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...stayed up very late so not up until after 8am...so much to catch up on here doing that bit by bit...beasts fed & now outside terrifying the twigs scattered in the garden...off shortly to make some breakfast...woke to a 6.6 and temperature 36.6.