Overweight and Celebrating?!

Tim1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It may seem bizarre to post a thread celebrating being overweight but as usual it is all in the context!!

As I have posted before, I started my diabetic journey back in September 2019 (All the figures in my signature). It was the wake up call I finally needed to take some real action to improve my long term life chances and given the situation that is unfolding around us now that is never more true.

Today, after 7 months of very focused hard work, (with some slip ups along the way!) I dropped out of the Obese category and into the Overweight category for the first time in decades. I know all the caveats about BMI and it is just a number but it marks a significant and positive milestone for me and gives me a real positive feeling in a time when positives are in short supply.

It would be very tempting at the moment to slip into bad eating habits but fortunately I am able to resist this and live in a place where so far I have been able to access the food I need and am able to use my daily exercise session to walk many miles in the country without meeting anyone. I really understand that for those of us living in large towns and cities this is not as easy and I wish all of those people the very best.

I now have my next target in sight which is hitting the 'normal' weight category and I will continue to work towards that but for today I am celebrating and looking forward to the time when we move beyond CV19.

All my best wishes to everyone.

Keep healthy, happy and socially distant!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent work, and yeah.... I'm still overweight, but no longer morbidly obese, and I wholeheartedly agree.... It is a cause for celebration! Have some nice cheese, haha!

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done :D I had the same celebration some months ago (see my sig).

When i was really very big i used to think it was impossible to get down because BMI was rubbish, i was natural big etc, then i started loosing after diagnosis. Then got to over weight and realise just how much i could still loose. Down into healthy now but still have another 3 or 4kg to give.

I would say, the more weight i lost the more carbs i could process - i see a massive difference even now from being over weight to healthy. So its well worth re collecting your thoughts after celebration time and carry on to wherever you feel happy with.

Last edited:

Tim1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your replies everyone.
Keep going Montu you can get there and even further

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes, getting out of the obese range and into 'overweight' is absolutely a cause for celebration.
Well done you!