What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I have given up on sleep now.
A cup of relaxing cbd tea...

Fbg 6.9
Temp 34.9

I had a breakfast at 2 am. A full cooked breakfast. I nearly ate a full packet of jelly babies (I have one packet left. So I went in the kitchen, fed cat his breakfast and cooked mine! I really enjoyed it. Must have needed it!

Sky is getting lighter here. A day of tidying beckons....

Take care
Be safe

Oh and those darned clocks
It just took me 10 mins to figure out the most complicated one. Besides my bed which gives me outdoors temp and info. Now I have mastered the worst most complicated one, the rest are easy peasy....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.2 for me today.

I don't know why but this song popped into my mind, my father used to sing it to me and my sisters,...

'I'm busy doing nothing, nothing the whole day through.
Trying to find lots of things not to do.
I'm busy going nowhere isn't it just a crime.
I try to be unhappy but never can find the time'

Edit it might be ' I would like to be unhappy' will have to Google.

Take care.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning and a temp of 36.0 :)

I have Tesco rocking up later today, my cupboards aren't sure what's happening. Normally I don't keep a lot of food in and I've had to clear another section for today. Everything is neatly organised by type and date but it still looks like too much and I don't particularly want to eat it ;)

As @Muddy Cyclist has said, I'd best get on being busy doing nothing. Enjoy the day :)

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't remember that last time a car crash victim caused a doctor to become a
car crash victim and possibly die as well., or any of those with other illnesses.

If you die of Covid, it doesn't matter if you die OF or WITH..you DIE.

and if that isn't enough, those you knew may get it and die.
those you didn't know may get it and die
and those who took you to hospital may get it and die.
and those who treat you at the hospital may get it and diei
You are absolutely right - you cannot compare car crash deaths with deaths from this virus. My sister was killed by a drunk driver and my mother seriously injured. Her death didn't cause anyone who tried to save them to become a cat crash victim. Not the police, fire fighters,.paramedics, doctors nor nurses. So there is absolutely no comparison with this virus.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
access to Cornwall denied.
Except if you are Kirstie Allsop with a husband who tested positive for the virus...okay that was a week or so ago but many in Cornwall were furious she travelled up there.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Except if you are Kirstie Allsop with a husband who tested positive for the virus...okay that was a week or so ago but many in Cornwall were furious she travelled up there.
They were right to be furious with her. Why on earth did she do it.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your considered reply @jjraak
It does worry me that people are using this as a holiday to go out.
And to intermingle.
The couple next door has their daughter and grandchildren visiting most days for all day, and they are playing with other children in the road. Other houses are the same. This doesn't feel like people are taking self isolation or social distancing seriously..
Not happening like that in our cul de sac. But there are only 11 houses. Visitors staying at the gates of houses and neighbours keeping a safe distance from each other when chatting.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...got up to complete confusion wasn't sure if I should put those clocks forwards or backwards...it didn't seem important since I'm not going out no appointments no real routine to adhere to...such pans for yesterday but got distracted by interviews with Joan Fontaine & Orson Welles followed by a black white version of Jane Eyre starring both of them...today my project is to retrieve from the garden shed drag it to the living room...my second project is to get on it & pedal like fury...preferable to walking here small pavements tight roads...one coffee in another brewing thank god for coffee...my offering for the song choice is...sung by Nat King Cole

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=smile+when+your+heart+is+breaking&view=detail&mid=ED959E6395B24B0C9560ED959E6395B24B0C9560&FORM=VIRE0&ru=/search?q=smile+when+your+heart+is+breaking&form=EDGEAR&qs=PF&cvid=8262c8af4d7c46cf9eb8a36450f66640&cc=GB&setlang=en-US&plvar=0&PC=LCTS

Reactions: karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I cant think of anything at the moment except Sister Sledge. So here is an alternative

Three Sisters Mountain Range, Oregon.

Edited to Add Just listening to Sister Sledge songs as I didn't know many of them, I think I am going to learn quite a lot of music I am not familiar with in the coming days. I've never really listened with any real intent for around 40 years. Going to be interesting - Like it.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's art effort is a result of watching back episodes of Portrait Artist of the Year, I have never done portraits, life drawing yes but not portraits. So here is a self portrait for my first attempt, Pastels and A4 about 1 and a half hours. Messy stuff forgot to put my apron on so now have to wash my jeans, idiot! I did a self portrait as I didn't want to offend Mrs MC by trying her portrait and getting it wrong, I value my life and peace of mind too much.

I have posted snap I worked from....
View attachment 39760

Snap worked from
View attachment 39761

Now I'm going to try it in oils.

Fantastic portrait - maybe you should apply for portrait ( or landscape) artist of the year? I love those programs and they are probably the things I miss most after getting rid of Sky

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
30-03-2020
7.30am FBG 4.8
@Muddy Cyclist you 're right, the official version is I would like to be unhappy. But yours is just as valid.
@ianpspurs salads from tins. three bean salad springs to mind and macedoine. Am hoping to find others.
Yesterday we had artichoke hearts with black olives. Scraping the barrel. Hardly any fresh veg left, and no salad at all. We have salad leaves growing in the garden. Not even big enough for micro leaves yet. And radish, rocket, spring onions, dress. None big enough to eat.
Have you thought of frozen veg? Cook, cool, add to salad. Nicoise uses French beans.
Today it's woodcutting, or baking bread. Vicious east wind out there. Supplies of seasoned wood running low.
Stay well everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 is the what - allowing for margin of error. The how may be neither sustainable nor desirable long term. I doubt leafy salad and avocados can withstand the pressure on a convoluted supply chain short to medium term. I doubt 1 salad a day and becoming frail is a great survival strategy or an especially helpful way to protect our NHS anyhow. That doesn't mean allowing bg to run riot which will help neither me nor NHS. Plenty of time to think right now. Great artwork @gennepher @Muddy Cyclist (quite brave? to share self portrait) and @geefull. Sister? Best I can do is sisters x several from White Christmas (yes it is Passiontide but my clock went forward too far :angelic:) This clip has a certain chortle factor one feels.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
30-03-2020
7.30am FBG 4.8
@Muddy Cyclist you 're right, the official version is I would like to be unhappy. But yours is just as valid.
@ianpspurs salads from tins. three bean salad springs to mind and macedoine. Am hoping to find others.
Yesterday we had artichoke hearts with black olives. Scraping the barrel. Hardly any fresh veg left, and no salad at all. We have salad leaves growing in the garden. Not even big enough for micro leaves yet. And radish, rocket, spring onions, dress. None big enough to eat.
Have you thought of frozen veg? Cook, cool, add to salad. Nicoise uses French beans.
Today it's woodcutting, or baking bread. Vicious east wind out there. Supplies of seasoned wood running low.
Stay well everyone.
Great fbg, especially after the stress of yesterday. 3 bean salad, dishes with chick peas and beans in general would be my preferred diet but I can't reconcile that with LC/keto and my pathetic bg control. Nicoise is one of my favourites as are French beans (high carb though?). Good ideas there so thanks so much - could be time for me to ditch the 1 meal routine and pop the pills.
Update: Just checked French beans on chronometer - 3.9 for 83 gms (allegedly) so borderline ok? May also consider including wine again - reluctantly - did that nearly 5 years ago when I started. Not convinced it is good for the bigger picture drinking wine just to reduce bg/fbg.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Not happening like that in our cul de sac. But there are only 11 houses. Visitors staying at the gates of houses and neighbours keeping a safe distance from each other when chatting.
Same here in mine and in the Tesco I shopped in, a lot of the population are behaving. However it's always the few who spoil it.

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 but only remembered to take it after feeding the animals. As I went past the shed on the first day of British summertime there were white flakes coming down on me. Lucky I had my big coat over my pjs. It hasn come to anything though. Please God no disruptive snowfalls to come while essential people trying to do their job. I had quite a workout in the garden yesterday and I creak a bit today but I enjoyed it. Like @HarryBeau I also enjoyed watching the classic Jane Eyre.
We have the dilemma of recuperated friend wanting to go back to her own house next weekend. The pros are she has lots of neighbours to leave milk or groceries on her step and her surgery and chemist in the next road to her. She is also in the Shielded group. The biggest pro is she is used to living alone so can completely self isolate. The cons are we would need to do a 3 hour round road trip which we are not even sure is permissible or will be by then. I will continue to try and do Click & Collect every 10 days or so for our household so a little risk there and Mr PM will need to fill up on petrol. He had done before lockdown but then we had the 5 hour road trip to hospital last weekend.
I can understand she wants to be in her own house after 3 weeks here and while she is welcome to stay indefinitely I dont know how Mr PM would manage my isolation if required with a friend to shield.
Have a great Sunday if you can. Very cold out there. Please stay well, stay safe

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looking at today's Corona Virus figures. What concerns me is how slow the recovery period is. They have been monitoring since January and according to the figures only 135 have officially recovered, yet they say the isolation period is only a couple of weeks. Hmm! Can't quite work that one out.