EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Over the last few days (at home in my personal NZ mandated bubble) I've had several occasions where my computer has told me that this site is down, but available offline in the cloud. It usually comes back half an hour later.

Maybe it's just me?

And I'm usually trying to access during the UK night.

Not a complaint, not really a problem, just curious.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Tech issue, connection issue at either end or work of the devil?... don't know, I haven't noticed anything myself today from Oz. I do sometimes get periods where the site just won't load.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @EllieM ,

Hope you're well.

Been doing a couple of late nighters myself..
To the best of my knowledge. All is running smooth my end.

Have you had a browser notification of an error or the site was down?

Reactions: EllieM

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I’ve had the same issue @EllieM my conclusion was too much local traffic on the broadband.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I’ve had the same issue @EllieM my conclusion was too much local traffic on the broadband.

That's possible, certainly lots of NZ folk on the internet, but I doubt too many are on these chatboards. (And other sites seemed OK?)

Have you had a browser notification of an error or the site was down?
I'll copy and post the error next time it happens. As I remember, it just said the site was offline.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's possible, certainly lots of NZ folk on the internet, but I doubt too many are on these chatboards. (And other sites seemed OK?)

I'll copy and post the error next time it happens. As I remember, it just said the site was offline.
If it happens again you might try some different UK site to see if it is a general bottleneck in the Internet traffic between the UK and NZ.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Yes, please by all means give us a screen shot.

What you could try, is clearing your browser history? It works for me.
There are multiple page visits on this site so loading could get a little confused & just slow or freeze?

Reactions: EllieM