First agoraphobia, now this!

isomertwin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The news, alcohol & drunk people, built-up areas/concrete jungle, the whole health system, politicians, social anxiety & depression & agoraphobia, A.I. & the 'cell-phone trend/trance' (not me!), the western diet, fast food & its suppliers, selfish people, pop music since the mid-nineties, war, economic instability, poverty.
Just when I have some get-up-and-go coupled with a little optimism, now I can't physically go anywhere! (maybe shopping, wow!). Cov(erup)id 19. Ok, it is serious but are we now on the brink of extinction because of stupidity?
Perhaps some of you are enjoying this free break from work (heart out to all the brave healthcare providers putting themselves on the line. BOOO to those in power making it more difficult than it needs to be). It is driving me mad. Had enough of Groundhog Day for too long.

Diabetes is hard, mental health is unfathomable. I have both, Type 1 & I have really bad social phobia/anxiety disorder joined at the hips with major depressive disorder and agoraphobia. If I could create that into a concoction of some form (maybe a bomb?), I'd have all militaries from around the world at my doorstep, bribing me for the recipe!

Glad I found a mental Health forum on here. Just wanted to put this out. Enough of keeping it all to myself.

So how are you guys & gals doing? Anyone relate, even a little?

Let's see what's on Netflix...again! :***:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just when I have some get-up-and-go coupled with a little optimism, now I can't physically go anywhere! (maybe shopping, wow!). Cov(erup)id 19. Ok, it is serious but are we now on the brink of extinction because of stupidity?
Perhaps some of you are enjoying this free break from work (heart out to all the brave healthcare providers putting themselves on the line. BOOO to those in power making it more difficult than it needs to be). It is driving me mad. Had enough of Groundhog Day for too long.

Diabetes is hard, mental health is unfathomable. I have both, Type 1 & I have really bad social phobia/anxiety disorder joined at the hips with major depressive disorder and agoraphobia. If I could create that into a concoction of some form (maybe a bomb?), I'd have all militaries from around the world at my doorstep, bribing me for the recipe!

Glad I found a mental Health forum on here. Just wanted to put this out. Enough of keeping it all to myself.

So how are you guys & gals doing? Anyone relate, even a little?

Let's see what's on Netflix...again! :***:

Hi @isomertwin ,

I'm at the opposite end of the field. Playing in 2 bands?

Oddly, from your geographic location on your profile. Yer not far from me.. The aforementioned bands have toured the area.
Yep, COVID killed it.
Now the day job is dead too.

My area, the streets are all but empty.. You can for your wellbeing if able & up to it, venture out observing the social distancing protocol. I use my dog for cover.. "Animal wellfair."

Keep well buddy. I've thrashed Netflix myself.

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi isomertwin,

It's ironic isn't it we get our freedom and then it seems like it's taken away again. I'm a type 2 with mental health issues, arthritis of the spine (top, middle and bottom!!), sciatica, among other things, find it difficult to walk far (and we live on a hill!!!), and I was in the house for 20 years with agoraphobia and panic attacks - although been getting out and about now for almost 20 years. So yes, I feel I can relate. I'm starting to struggle with cabin fever too. :banghead: While I can we have been taking a short walk each day - I dread the day when we can't.

I've said to 2 family members I was struggling, but now feel I have to keep it to myself. Why? Their answer to me was "we're all in the same boat." Grrrrrrrrr but that winds me up. Yes we're all in the same boat together but you don't have my mental health issues. I had a good cry one day last week when I was feeling low, and that helped. The only thing keeps me sane is my faith in God, if He saw me through those 20 years in the house He sure can get me through this.

Have you others in the house with you or are you on your own? There's just hubby and me here and I'm counting my blessings - we've been together non stop for the past 6 days and haven't murdered each other yet!!! He's usually down by the TV and I'm upstairs on the computer. I've only the energy to keep one of us going - he'll have to prop himself up. Look after yourself, and know that you're not alone.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @isomertwin . I am T2, agoraphobic, with mitral valve prolapse syndrome dysautonomia (it's like having your flight-or-fight mode always revving, never idling).

I hate going out but I am getting very depressed staying in, never seeing any friends or having anyone to converse with.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
If you have nothing to fall back on, it's inevitably everything's gonna fall back on you. Is that making light of your concerns?

NEVER. There's always a way out ... I'm the epitome of disarming people. Not always agreeable with my nature, but I do it anyway. Be well :)