What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily painting for today.
Exploring the theme of clowns a little further.
It took me three and a half hours to get this far, partly because I am playing with the digital painting app, and partly because it is not easy doing a clown's white face. But I am stopping now. So, this is it.

Edit: I just use my first finger to draw and paint this, and I use the tools on the screen for width of 'brush', and rest of stuff...

3D70BB13-D096-47F1-8166-F9A0323AB7E6.jpeg

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daily painting for today.
Exploring the theme of clowns a little further.
It took me three and a half hours to get this far, partly because I am playing with the digital painting app, and partly because it is not easy doing a clown's white face. But I am stopping now. So, this is it.

Edit: I just use my first finger to draw and paint this, and I use the tools on the screen for width of 'brush', and rest of stuff...

View attachment 39788
Brilliant. Well worth the time spent, you need a digital gallery.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 today

thank you @Muddy Cyclist for the kind comment and for all the encouragement to post artwork and I loved the 'sisters' video @ianpspurs :)

don't know whether someone has already posted this in for 'sisters', I had a friend at school who listened to this artist often during lunch breaks

today's catch up art post - this is the first watercolour of flowers I did, cheap watercolour paint box I bought from ebay and biro, on craft card from homebargains. Don't think I've quite got the hang of resizing these images though :sorry:
upload_2020-3-29_18-28-42.jpeg

hope your day is treating you well :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.4 today

thank you @Muddy Cyclist for the kind comment and for all the encouragement to post artwork and I loved the 'sisters' video @ianpspurs :)

don't know whether someone has already posted this in for 'sisters', I had a friend at school who listened to this artist often during lunch breaks

today's catch up art post - this is the first watercolour of flowers I did, cheap watercolour paint box I bought from ebay and biro, on craft card from homebargains. Don't think I've quite got the hang of resizing these images though :sorry:
View attachment 39789

Beautiful @geefull

It works very well. A wonderful painting of flowers. Very delicate.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers all for the sisters links.. Much enjoyed

For me.. not the best example, prefer the first film... But it just seemed the most appropriate right now.
Young, old, us all coming together in a large group..
Yes please..

Fbg 6.0
Temp 35.8
All good in da hood.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.4 today

View attachment 39789

Well painted, I always find flowers so difficult, keep it up.

Oh, and great Sister link, always loved LC.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.4 today

View attachment 39789

Love that song, although I am more familiar with Dion's rendition - seriously sends shivers down my spine - Thank you.

Very impressed with your artwork too. We are really spoiled on this thread so much talent.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist for the amazing art and though I will continue to look in and appreciate it I feel the heart has gone out of our friendly thread so for the time being will just be posting my FBG on another thread. Best wishes to All.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are absolutely right - you cannot compare car crash deaths with deaths from this virus. My sister was killed by a drunk driver and my mother seriously injured. Her death didn't cause anyone who tried to save them to become a cat crash victim. Not the police, fire fighters,.paramedics, doctors nor nurses. So there is absolutely no comparison with this virus.

Thank you so much @Krystyna23040 for the considered reply.

what an awful event for you and your family..so sorry for the loss.

I hope my sloppy use as an example didn't bring you more sadness.

But as you point out, the fact of how dangerous this can be to those attending, IS the entire point about the saving the NHS.

those 3 little words, are the systems, hospitals and beds for sure

but it's greatest asset has ALWAYS been the staff.

and we seem to be badly letting them done, Right now.

nhs heroes.jpg

Not all heroes wear capes....

Some don't even wear masks......
t2396.gif

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist for the amazing art and though I will continue to look in and appreciate it I feel the heart has gone out of our friendly thread so for the time being will just be posting my FBG on another thread. Best wishes to All.

Gave a hug for your post PM, I think we are all a bit on edge at the moment and it reflects on the thread, I wish I could say something to change your mind, except you'll be missed.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gave a hug for your post PM, I think we are all a bit on edge at the moment and it reflects on the thread, I wish I could say something to change your mind, except you'll be missed.
Thanks @trick60 and I really care about you all and your families .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doing the rounds
Might be spam, but sharing just in case
It's not........( Looks kosher)

IMG-20200329-WA0016.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @PenguinMum
You will be missed.
Please look in as often as you feel able to.
These are traumatic troubled times.
I hope you will return.
Hugs for you x

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear @PenguinMum thats very sad, difficult times all around needs good people to pull together, I truly hope you can reconsider as I for one will miss you along with many others. I wish you all the best through this crisis.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much @Krystyna23040 for the considered reply.

what an awful event for you and your family..so sorry for the loss.

I hope my sloppy use as an example didn't bring you more sadness.

But as you point out, the fact of how dangerous this can be to those attending, IS the entire point about the saving the NHS.

those 3 little words, are the systems, hospitals and beds for sure

but it's greatest asset has ALWAYS been the staff.

and we seem to be badly letting them done, Right now.

View attachment 39798

Not all heroes wear capes....

Some don't even wear masks......
t2396.gif
There is no need to apologise as I don't think it was sloppy use of an example. You were making a very valid point which I totally agree with.

I do think that some people are still not taking it seriously. I was admonished today for being too obsessive by a fellow dog walker because I used some kitchen towel to open the poo bin so I didn't touch the handle.

This was the same dog walker who let their dog run around the park when it had a gastric virus infecting other dogs - including our old Labrador Archie.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to hear that you will not be posting here for the present. I have enjoyed your posts so much. Best wishes - C.