Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy birthday Mei! Hope you’ve had a great day and the gin was free flowing!

It might sound odd but I’m jealous of those who are self isolating on their own. I have not been alone for the best part of 4 years now. If this outbreak had happened back when I was single and living alone I would have had no trouble filling my days with hobbies, films, books etc. Instead I’ve spent today cleaning and feeding children, both of which are Sisyphean tasks... I recognise the grass is always greener etc but just one day of solitude would be a lovely break!
Hi,

My wife & I are child free.. Could your partner/husband just take over & say "mum's gone on hide & seek for a while?"

In our position we both give space when this is "not the right time right now.."

We are indevidual at the end of the day..support & mutual respect.
Everybody deserves a battery recharge.

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, I hope everyone remembered to turn their clocks 1 hour forward, at least it's an hour taken off, so I'm glad it's not October, because if it was, it would mean an extra hour added onto lock down :(

Colder and cloudy out today, try to stay strong everyone. keep you chin up and we will eventually get through these dark and uncertain times.
Take care and stay safe X

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband does a lot with them @Jaylee, and he did take them out for their walk yesterday while I stayed home so it’s not quite true that I am NEVER alone - I just sometimes miss the days when I would wake up and it would just be me, and I could spend my time however I wanted for the whole weekend.

I expect it won’t be long until they’re both teenagers and out with their friends, and then I’ll miss these days - it just feels a bit relentless at the mo!

Sun is out here and 5.2 on the libre, have a great day everyone!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning :) 7.2 waking from a madras chicken, naan bread and spinach bhaji for tea from the take away as Saturday is still 'cheat day' for foods :p . All this weeks cycling has left me with an aching right foot and I've ordered some padded cycle shorts as my cheeks ache too and not from smiling :p :p

I've to go around the house to do the clocks, if I'm true to form I'll forget this task and tomorrow will be jumping up and down with confusion, I've some shopping to do later and think the bike's going for a ride again.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. 7.1 on waking, now 5.4 and just finished charging the MM, sensor’s ending soon. Amazed that it still matches bloods, an improvement on the wild behaviour they had in their dying throes when I first started using them.
How’s your head this morning @MeiChanski?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @ArtemisBow I do currently live alone, have plenty to keep me occupied, and am counting myself very lucky in all of this.

I do remember the years what that wasn't the case, and whilst I am child-free - very much by choice, I had years of my life where the relentless demands of others (elderly) in my living space meant I rarely had time alone for long enough to feel my introverted batteries had been recharged. I do get it.

Mind you, what I'm currently having to do is strictly limit my computer time - there's a kind of "Oh, good, Japes is home alone doing nothing (you wish) we can add this to her job list." in a few of my spheres of life.In fact, I've done more hours on church-related stuff this past week than in a normal week!! Hopefully, now the new normal routines are in place, that will ease off this week.

Blood sugars not behaving very well - I may have to do the grass today rather than tomorrow if they're still misbehaving at lunch time.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for the birthday wishes, take away was hard to find. It’s like it is limited edition now :( my BG was fine for the majority of the day - with cake and biscuits until pizza and gin came along, diabetes was out of whack. Eventually landed on 8.9 this morning, Stay safe everyone!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon peeps hope you are all doing well.

Up a wee bit early so decided to go to shops for my weekly shop that bit earlier. Yesterday when I passed all shops had to Q to get in. No issues at 10.00 this morning. A quick fly round Sainsburys which apart from pasta and bog roll was quite well stocked. This is a medium size Sainsburys. No Q either so straight in.

Down to Home Bargains for toothpaste and some Dextrose tablets. Again no Q and straight in. Could not believe the range of foods they now stock and they had most items on shelves as well

So is the panic buying over or folks cupboards simply bulging at seems they cannot get any more in ?

Stay safe everyone

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
91637406_10218918102796638_2528424294849970176_n.jpg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ugh. Flaky end of days sensor lied to me about a 2.7 this morning and then went offline altogether so I changed it a little early. Pod change as well, and it looks like the cannula didn’t go in properly - was pottering in the garden during the two-hour sensor activation time (so no Loop) and bloods crept up to 21 with ketones of 2.4 :( Feel like hammered poo. Popped a fresh pod on, gave myself the 4u Loop thought I’d got on board IM with a syringe (so it’s got an accurate idea of how much IOB I have when the new sensor comes online), drank a couple of pints of water and am riding out the highest high I’ve had in over two years. I’d forgotten how horrible it feels...

Still, I did get two of my bonsai trees pruned for spring :)

Reactions: SueJB

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for the birthday wishes, take away was hard to find. It’s like it is limited edition now :( my BG was fine for the majority of the day - with cake and biscuits until pizza and gin came along, diabetes was out of whack. Eventually landed on 8.9 this morning, Stay safe everyone!

Hi Mei,

Stay safe & keep you & yer BF well..

A good takeaway is hard to find
Pink gin &'cake in mind..
The pizza &'the alcohol might work it's time
fair play, you landed gently with an eight point nine?! :singing:;)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, not sure where yesterday disappeared to. Ended up messaging all over the place trying to co-ordinate some local deliveries that've been set up from dairy farms and greengrocers and distribute the village rhubarb glut and talking to long distance friends on the phone. Oh, and having a tantrum about the idiots who are still driving to walk in our local wood, even though they're coming from towns and villages which have their own huge green open spaces. We've got more village people using it than usual as they'rewalking there for exercise, and I truly don't understand why people don't do as they're asked.

Sorry, rant over, woke to a happy 4.6, hope everyone's well.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, not sure where yesterday disappeared to. Ended up messaging all over the place trying to co-ordinate some local deliveries that've been set up from dairy farms and greengrocers and distribute the village rhubarb glut and talking to long distance friends on the phone. Oh, and having a tantrum about the idiots who are still driving to walk in our local wood, even though they're coming from towns and villages which have their own huge green open spaces. We've got more village people using it than usual as they'rewalking there for exercise, and I truly don't understand why people don't do as they're asked.

Sorry, rant over, woke to a happy 4.6, hope everyone's well.

I gave you a hug emoji, but well done on the 4.6 :happy:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've given up trying to walk and maintain social distance in my local urban green spaces which are plentiful and am sticking to the places with wider pavements or little-known paths.

This is utterly frustrating as I walk a lot as a regular thing, not just because it's now a Government-permitted form of exercise. I don't usually see so many people out when I'm walking, so as a result, the effects of not walking as much, because I'm avoiding people even more, are being felt on my blood sugars and today is going to have to include some gardening/housework stuff to try to recreate the effects of walking in that department.

I mean, yesterday had me putting one item of laundry away at a time from the airing racks to try to get my step count up!

Oops - morning all!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, another Monday has arrived, tbh, I have been losing track of the days, as it all seems a bit surreal at the moment.
Awoke on a low, drat, but still hoping to do things today, maybe cut the grass (as it can't be done at the hairdresser lol)

Another cuppa for me to kick start the day and another test.
Have a good day, take good care and stay safe X

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, Loop gave me a nice soft landing to the 5s overnight, although I woke up a bit later than usual to a little low - foot on the floor sorted that without the need for dextrose. Happy days. Got my current pod on my bicep and new sensor on my back, good sites for both for me.

Sunny here - just had a little amble to the chemist. Nobody in there, so picked up my test trips without any issue. One person on the way back thanked me for walking around a car to maintain distance before saying hello, another couple were quite cross at me because “we don’t have the virus” as I stepped into the road to let them pass safely. Hey ho.

Currently dealing with occupational health still. They asked if I had a letter to say my diabetes was under good control - I tried explaining that they don’t issue trophies or certificates :D So I’ve emailed my consultant’s secretary and my pump person to see what they can do. I offered to send them the print from my last bloods but they said they wouldn’t know how to interpret it and didn’t seem to understand what an HbA1c was :banghead:

And then: “Do you have evidence that you wear glasses?” “I could send you a photo...”

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, Loop gave me a nice soft landing to the 5s overnight, although I woke up a bit later than usual to a little low - foot on the floor sorted that without the need for dextrose. Happy days. Got my current pod on my bicep and new sensor on my back, good sites for both for me.

Sunny here - just had a little amble to the chemist. Nobody in there, so picked up my test trips without any issue. One person on the way back thanked me for walking around a car to maintain distance before saying hello, another couple were quite cross at me because “we don’t have the virus” as I stepped into the road to let them pass safely. Hey ho.

Currently dealing with occupational health still. They asked if I had a letter to say my diabetes was under good control - I tried explaining that they don’t issue trophies or certificates :D So I’ve emailed my consultant’s secretary and my pump person to see what they can do. I offered to send them the print from my last bloods but they said they wouldn’t know how to interpret it and didn’t seem to understand what an HbA1c was :banghead:

And then: “Do you have evidence that you wear glasses?” “I could send you a photo...”
Some people are very weird @LooperCat