What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning 6.1 this morning and a temp of 36.5

Just finished with the doctor and he believes I have the virus. Been struggling with my breathing for two days and permanent sinus pain, he thinks that even though my temp is only increasing slightly each day I should be treated as positive. He is arranged for the official test when they get them. So, antibiotics and steroids for any secondaries and stay 2m from my screens :bag:

Plus they delivered the results of my MRI from a couple of weeks back. Seems my post-polio syndrome is progressing as my spine is crumbling around my sacrum and the spinal channel is damaged. He asked if I wanted to get booked into the Royal Orthopaedic but I've suggested we wait to see if I get thru' the virus first ;)

Happy days :)
Really sorry to hear all that @OldButBold . In light of that news your earlier post is an even more salient reminder of just what a special person you are. The whole thread and wider DCUK community are thinking of a stalwart member.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@oldbuthbold. Sending positive thoughts and a virtual hug. Stay strong and I hope they are wrong.

Reactions: Barb McD

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really sorry to hear all that @OldButBold . In light of that news your earlier post is an even more salient reminder of just what a special person you are. The whole thread and wider DCUK community are thinking of a stalwart member.

Thank you Ian, although I can't take any real credit for the thread. It's the product of you people, with your stories and families, I am just a bystander who by luck happened upon you all.

Take care fella :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A little positive thought for today
FB_IMG_1585562747731.jpg

Barb McD

4.1 hurrah!!! That will be the entire bottle of Prosecco last night.

Baby it was worth it

@OldButBold, your hand of friendship was one of the first proffered here, I grabbed it gladly, and it held at just the right place, right time. You sir, are one of life’s anchors. Hoping for more time and new research. Thinking of you.

I’ll not try and catch up with the thread, just going to jump back in and wish the best Monday ever for everyone.

Cheers.

B

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.1 hurrah!!! That will be the entire bottle of Prosecco last night.

Baby it was worth it

@OldButBold, your hand of friendship was one of the first proffered here, I grabbed it gladly, and it held at just the right place, right time. You sir, are one of life’s anchors. Hoping for more time and new research. Thinking of you.

I’ll not try and catch up with the thread, just going to jump back in and wish the best Monday ever for everyone.

Cheers.

B

very kind of you, thank you ;)

Reactions: HarryBeau

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold sorry to hear your news and hope it is manageable at home with the meds helping. It must be scary for you so sending you virtual hugs and get well wishes.

Thank you, my wife is keeping a daily vigil via our conference video although we'll probably get bored doing that soon enough. It's a bit creepy to turn around and there she is watching :wideyed: Luckily I have shopping in for about two months, did a deep steam inhalation for an hour which stops the cough part and helped the sinuses.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, my wife is keeping a daily vigil via our conference video although we'll probably get bored doing that soon enough. It's a bit creepy to turn around and there she is watching :wideyed: Luckily I have shopping in for about two months, did a deep steam inhalation for an hour which stops the cough part and helped the sinuses.
Glad you have back up, creepy or not!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hi guys

Took me a while to get back here as I've trying to resolve what appears to be friction within our thread. Of course, I have no power here and just because I started the thread does not mean I have any control over it, so what I'm about to say is simply a request.

We all came together here to share our sociability and comradery, for me, it was a powerful move as I am not generally known for being social. I personally enjoy every word of the stories you all share, not just the good times but the bad times too because I see how you all pull together.

None of us could have predicted the advent of this horrible virus and the trauma it is putting many through. I accept we all deal with it differently and that we have our reasons for doing so. The thing is, on a mental level we may not be releasing the stress or pain because we feel so helpless in the face of something so wicked. I understand that truly I do.

However, the current situation on this thread is causing hurt, hurt to people we care for and have nurtured for nearly a year. I would like that hurt to stop.

Here is my proposal, as I said, I cannot enforce anything here as I am just a poster like you.

There already exists another thread discussing covid-19, here is the link
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/covid-non-diabetes-related.172793/

May I suggest that those people who wish to be updated or themselves update information post there and yes, I include myself in that as I have been guilty of derailing the thread. Now, it's not much to ask, but it might just return this thread to the caring, compassionate, and funny thread it was.

I'm more than happy to hear your views on it, by private message if you wish. I will be following my own advice effective immediately.

Hugs to you all :)

A very good posting.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Just finished with the doctor and he believes I have the virus. Been struggling with my breathing for two days and permanent sinus pain, he thinks that even though my temp is only increasing slightly each day I should be treated as positive. He is arranged for the official test when they get them. So, antibiotics and steroids for any secondaries and stay 2m from my screens :bag:

Plus they delivered the results of my MRI from a couple of weeks back. Seems my post-polio syndrome is progressing as my spine is crumbling around my sacrum and the spinal channel is damaged. He asked if I wanted to get booked into the Royal Orthopaedic but I've suggested we wait to see if I get thru' the virus first ;)

I wish you all the best and I hope for speedy recovery from all your issues.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Sorry to read that. You may find that suggesting to your GP that asthma inhalers (blue and brown) could be issued if breathing becomes laboured.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade again but still morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of chicken soup and a day of glancing at sophisticated tools such as saws and hammers came in at 4.3 this am

Day nine of not going out and just finished my second mile of the day. Quite like my running track.
My sister who lives in SW France reported snow this morning. She put up a couple of pictures but it just looked like a bit of over indulgence with the icing sugar - I expect it will melt away very quickly.

I have such a full calendar today; another run, a lay on the sofa, a trip to Costa Del Sitting Room, a visit to Le jardin derrière la maison, another run, dinner, wine tasting experience and if I have the time, an afternoon koffy.

Speaking of which, best get some koffy on right now. TTFN.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and @OldButBold.
I have singled you out for a special mention, your attitude is a shinning example to many across all walks of life.

Well a 5.9 this morning.

Well folks make the most of today, it's the only chance we get in this reality, but fortunately other realities are available.
Question: Are traffic wardens missing the confrontations?
Next Question: Are speed camera's now running at a financial loss?