Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've read your emails @Japes and @LooperCat and I want to scream at the stupidity of some people and the frustration it creates - so my new method of keeping calm (so I can carry on) is that every time I get cross or frustrated I to remind myself of all the amazing people out there - including you guys - providing help and support in so many ways, and that there are just loads more people like that than idiots. Saw on the news today about the enterprising people raising money for, then arranging the cooking and delivery of hot food to NHS staff. Good plan!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I am now an EXPERT. Bow down before my expertness :hilarious::cat:

F73F8E67-E9D4-41B0-AB41-ED07DE0197F3.jpeg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Love the cat scenes @LooperCat! We all need some idiot weirdness!
On a happy note, my bloods have recovered from another kind of self induced idiocy. Note to self, relaxing in old clothes and laughing at silly WhatsApp groups’ posts doesn’t have to seep into relaxed dosing by guesstimate when assessing what’s been put together from the odd stuff in the larder.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Learning a new skill......cutting men’s hair......wish me luck:)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Learning a new skill......cutting men’s hair......wish me luck:)
I do. I used to cut my husband's - on the total understanding that if I did it, he didn't complain about what it looked like! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: (tbf he never did!)

Reactions: kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Just come back from the second walk in 14 days. Lots of gardening in between, and lots more to come: take cover anti-social weeds, but don’t worry bee feeding plants.
It was wonderful to be out in a green, betreed, space we can get to locally: felling very lucky to have it. Met a friend with a happy dog , it’s getting very fit. Shouted greetings and news to each other. Bloods appreciated the walk too.
Friend’s dog’s got short legs, it must have done thousands of steps since we were told to limit our outdoor exercise.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Week #3 in the Big Brother House - always check what's behind you before maneuvering !
View attachment 39808

@urbanracer - I saw a chap get into his little car, motorcycle helmet and all, and drive off, from my local Lidl, whichever day it was I was there, last week.

I couldn't believe my eyes. It can't have been easy driving in it. I mean, on a motorcycle, there isn't a headrest or door pillars to get in the way.

Astonishing.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening y'all and happy Mondays, busy laying some Hardwall undercoat plaster, or to be precise sat supping tea waiting for it to go 'off' so I can slap some finish on top, doubt I'll cycle later but may take a stroll, I'm hoping the undercoat starts to set shortly as I've the lighting circuit switched off as I've a switch box to go round and it'd be better done in the light rather than with a head torch :p

But I could have started earlier....

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all, after several phone calls with occupational health regarding diabetes, driving ambulances with diabetes and the potential effects of the plague on diabetes, I’m cleared and good to go. Had a very interesting discussion with an actual clinician on how they’ve lumped some very different conditions, with very difficult levels of control, medication, management and co-morbidities under just the one word. She wants to hear all about Loop when all the fuss is over. Anyway, we decided that if I’m happy, they’re happy. Loop took perfect care of whatever the flu-like thing was at the end of January, so that’ll do me for now. Just waiting for an induction date, and it’s green trousers for the go.

I had a raw carrot today to see what would happen - the high fat aspect of keto is just piling weight on. Anyway, it sent my sugars up to 9. So that was fun.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@LooperCat . Congratulations on entering the inner sanctum of “ expertism “. It’s great to have a genuine expert in our midst.
Up the loop and have a Top Banana. On behalf of all those who will benefit from you doing your bit for the NHS a big
THANK YOU. X

Reactions: porl69 and Mad76
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, I wanted to share something beautiful, the sunset which shines brightly on us all, even though we may not be feeling it right now. ( I took this around 7.30pm from my back garden, stood on a two step stool and in my dressing gown too (lol )
Image_1585592957 - Edited.jpg