Covid 19 - are we in high risk?

joffy01582

When I have to go to shop once a week I expect someone to come up behind me and a loud voice say, "What are you doing out!"
:)
I'd like to see anyone buy enough at one visit to last a week ......I have to visit 3 shops at the mo just to get 2 days dinners (I dont like walking around packed shops or queuing up with people coughing and spluttering ....

joffy01582

I work at a hospital, and I am on the frontline as deep clean/rapid response so I have to face suspected covid 19. And also patients are on wards with suspected covid 19. Should I be staying at home as a type 2 diabetic(mostly under control but with hypertension).

Panicking and my managers have said in past type 2 isnt as severe as type 1 etc.
If you're only on tablets then they will look at your case differently if you're on an insulin regime

johnbear2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
conservative polititicians
I am 46,i have mythocondrial type 1 diabetes and a rare genetic condition, I read the NHS high risk cornovirus website and diabetes was on it, I also attend the Genetic clinic in Newcastle, England, I am under treatment from NHS Scotland and haven't received a shielding letter from from the NHS or Scottish government and work as a retail security officer

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was under the impression we weren't being told to self isolate for 12 weeks but I rang my healthcare practitioner this morning and was told I should have had a letter.

johnbear2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
conservative polititicians
It was because diabetes wasn't mentioned as it was before I wondered if the criteria had changed
I am on the vulnerable list because I have a rare type of type 1 diabetes and a rare genetic condition, but I work as a retail security officer, wondering whether I should be on the sick list from doc

joffy01582

I was under the impression we weren't being told to self isolate for 12 weeks but I rang my healthcare practitioner this morning and was told I should have had a letter.
No note from my surgery but the o/h has been told to self isolate by her doctor ....bit of conflicting advice from the same surgery

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doe it really matter? Surely it makes sense that anyone with a debilitating condition whatever it may be should take appropriate measures to protect themselves? We all need to self distance, but there is a superset that is strongly advised to self isolate on top. Read Brunerias's post #64 in this thread for the government advisory details.