Hi does anyone suffer with a really bad burning stomach?

Libby66

I have been suffering from a burning stomach for ages. Been put on omepramozole. But hasn't made any difference.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like it could be gastritis. All I can advise is going back to see the doctor. I think the only way they can really diagnose properly is via endoscopy and testing samples of the stomach lining.

Seaquest

Yes I would say give it 2 months for Omeprazole to ease your symptoms if no change see Doc if it is possible.I am on Omeprazole after Gastritis and had endoscopy tube rammed down throat for test.I would advise taking their sedation for that procedure but I am fine now due to Omeprazole.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharon89

Libby66

Yes I would say give it 2 months for Omeprazole to ease your symptoms if no change see Doc if it is possible.I am on Omeprazole after Gastritis and had endoscopy tube rammed down throat for test.I would advise taking their sedation for that procedure but I am fine now due to Omeprazole.
Ok thank you

Tonto73

As well as Gatroparesis you could consider having a H.pylori test. This is a very common gut bacteria that causes burning stomach, heart burn, slow digestion. Also belching especially if your glucose is high and the bacteria have a fart party.

Some centres can use a breath test; most need a stool sample. Results typically in 3 days and a week of strong antibiotics will fix you. Although perhaps wait for COVID 19 to pass so you don’t become immune suppressed.

This bacteria is also associated to digestive track cancers so it best to rule it out. And if one person in your household has it then everyone should get checked.

Finally make sure you take probiotics after treatment to restore the good bugs and improve your immune defences.

chrisy62

Type of diabetes
LADA
I have been suffering from a burning stomach for ages. Been put on omepramozole. But hasn't made any difference.
I had a burning stomach after quite a few tests and omepramozole turns out I am lacto intolerant my stomach would burn and swell now I take lactofree milk and it’s fine. Just a thought