Circulation and black toes!

perrywinkle

Hi Can anyone advise me please. I was diagnosed in Sept with type 2.
I work in cold environment and was only 61 degreees this week just on limit (sit in foyer to big office).
I have started to notice both my big toes are going bluey/black along the nail bed, I assume this is due to poor cirulation. Doctor dosnt seem to think so and says its fungal but I don't.
I also have problems with itching and he dosnt think this is associated either!
Im thinking of changing GP's as hes not very experienced.
HELP!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
What are your blood sugar readings during the day ? Fungal problems and itching can be caused by high blood sugar levels.

Get some thick, wooly or terry socks and every so often get up and walk around, doesn't have to be much just enough to boost circulation in legs/feet.

perrywinkle

Thanks Sue, Im not testing everyday so unsure what BS is but last one was 5.5. which I understand is borderline. My Hba1c was 6.6. after three months. I do notice if I have anything naughty that I get the itching more at nightime when the food is being processed I guess.
Yes I do wear socks and have some warm snuggle boots to wear at home its just at work I feel the cold, also developed Asthma because of the cold conditions.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Wear boots and socks to work.
Hana

aboz

Hi being a diabetic your gp should refer you to a diabetic pediatrist for ANY type of foot infections.
You must insist on seeing one as a lot of gp's are ignorant to a lot of diabetic foot problems.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I'd hate to sit there with it being just 61F ... can you sneak a fan heater in concealed under your desk for your feet? ...black does not sound good!

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
5.5 is spot on perfect.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Black sounds very worrying. Can your doctor do a test to see if it's a fungal infection (they can with possible fungal infections in 'other places!')?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
perrywinkle said:
Thanks Sue, Im not testing everyday so unsure what BS is but last one was 5.5. which I understand is borderline. My Hba1c was 6.6. after three months. I do notice if I have anything naughty that I get the itching more at nightime when the food is being processed I guess.
Yes I do wear socks and have some warm snuggle boots to wear at home its just at work I feel the cold, also developed Asthma because of the cold conditions.

Can you tell us if 5.5 was mmol/l or a HbA1c % please ?

It makes a difference to how we might answer you ?

Poodlelady

Dislikes
I dislike people who swear a lot, shout and are rude. I dislike people who tell me what I should and should not be doing when they haven't the first idea about Diabetes.
Black toes could be a sign of bad circulation. Have you asked to have your clotting value checked? I too had black toes and was ignored by the doctor until my entire foot went black and my leg ice cold. This took just over three years to happen. I had blood clots in my arteries called embolisms or as there was more than one emboli. I had an operation and am now on warfarin to stop any more blood clots appearing. Black toes are a worry and please, please badger your doctor to do a blood clotting test.