Freestyle libre

Talisia

Hi there. I’ve not long been given the libre on prescription . I am now roughly in my 3rd sensor. The last two didn’t make the full two weeks first one I walked into a door the second my toddler managed to rip it out. Anyway I have 4 days left on my current sensor but now all of a sudden it’s giving me readings with a difference of 3 mmol. I know the libre measures fluid not blood so can lag a bit and have somewhat of a difference (something I am aware of and do notice the difference in comparison to a good old finger prick) so right now all I’m getting is very low levels which look like I’m constantly having hypos whenever in reality I am not and finger prick confirms so. What do you all do when this happens should I put a new sensor on and also ring abbot or ride this current sensor out ?

Sorry for the long essay and thanks for reading

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Leave the sensor on and call Abbott. They'll give you instructions as to what extra tests they want you to do and if it's still off they'll send you a replacement.
As for the losing the sensors, many of us wear overpatches like tegaderm.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there. I’ve not long been given the libre on prescription . I am now roughly in my 3rd sensor. The last two didn’t make the full two weeks first one I walked into a door the second my toddler managed to rip it out. Anyway I have 4 days left on my current sensor but now all of a sudden it’s giving me readings with a difference of 3 mmol. I know the libre measures fluid not blood so can lag a bit and have somewhat of a difference (something I am aware of and do notice the difference in comparison to a good old finger prick) so right now all I’m getting is very low levels which look like I’m constantly having hypos whenever in reality I am not and finger prick confirms so. What do you all do when this happens should I put a new sensor on and also ring abbot or ride this current sensor out ?

Sorry for the long essay and thanks for reading

Hi, & welcome to the forum.

OK. The Libre .. I use it along with my colleague @Antje77 . (We both self fund.)

I don't use an Abbott scanner. Just my phone. However.
Can you use the "add note fuction.?" (After each scan.)
Log your true fingerprick reading from from the meter using the add note.. For reference by yourself & HCPs if on Libre link, sharing?
A free app on your phone (if Android?) like Glimp can be calibrated to your meter. Giving more reliable scans. (I've used it.)

But always check lows or highs with from Libre with a backup from your meter.