What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 today

thank you @Muddy Cyclist for the kind comment and for all the encouragement to post artwork and I loved the 'sisters' video @ianpspurs :)

don't know whether someone has already posted this in for 'sisters', I had a friend at school who listened to this artist often during lunch breaks

today's catch up art post - this is the first watercolour of flowers I did, cheap watercolour paint box I bought from ebay and biro, on craft card from homebargains. Don't think I've quite got the hang of resizing these images though :sorry:
View attachment 39789

hope your day is treating you well :)
Your first attempt! I'm blown away! Amazing. You could sell this! Well done.

Reactions: dunelm

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good eveniing all :)

4.3 today

Monday again, here we are again, a quiet day at home ;)

@gennepher good work again, your clown series is strong :)
@ianpspurs I hope Julie remains safely at a good level :)
@OldButBold good wishes and virtual support to you
@jjraak hugs, what horrible news for your family :(

Stay safe and I hope your day is treating you well :)

today's catch up artwork
first one is blue and white gel pen on coffee coloured craft paper (A5)
second one is watercolour on white typing paper (A4)
View attachment 39829
View attachment 39830
So much talent on this thread! Love these.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods 5.4 this morning, now to catch up on everyone else's posts.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually, I think my designs were more Fair-Isle than Intarsia. I started with a second hand machine in the late 70s and then graduated to a top of the range machine. I think it was a Knitmaster. It was built in Japan and the instruction book was not a very good translation into English.

I never tried skirts but do remember my mother hand knitting a woollen swimming costume when I was a child. As you can imagine it was not a success. The droop of your skirt was nothing compared the droop of this swimming costume when exiting the swimming pool.
My mother knits Fair Isle Fishermen’s Keps - I think we all have one in the family. She also does socks and jumpers. Not sure just how much wool she has in reserve as they have been in lockdown at their home in SW France for a while.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As the rules say more than one go here is my second Guitar info.

The sound of guitars depends on the type of wood used I have the following..

IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2838.JPG A Gibson Maple guitar, looks lovely with a warm brighter sound.
IMG_2839.JPG Faith, all Mahogany for a deep warm round sound, great for blues.

IMG_2840.PNG Faith, Mahogany back and sides, deep rich bass and enough treble, this Is my most played guitar.

Here is some info on wood types....

https://www.soundunlimited.co.uk/blogs/articles/guitar_tone_woods

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning each. @OldButBold good to hear from you with positive news. @geefull such talent in the artwork. @alf_Josiah public thanks for the PM you sent myself and 2 others - not the first supportive one we have shared. My bfg *I know -was 5.6 so the algorithm (never saw him dance can't say if his was good or not) kicked in. If higher than 4 eek else meh, where it should be; if 5 ok, but please be below .5 and even then fingers crossed; if over 100 (US) can I do anything about it?; if I can should I for my overall wellbeing? Today is not a day for fasting, strenuous exercise, intravenous bone broth or other nonsense so run the F.IT protocol. Stay strong brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, up with the lark and showing 7.5 with a surprisingly nice 35.4 temperature. We'll see how that goes through the day. managed five hours sleep sitting upright before the dry coughing woke me up.

Better to be woken up by coughing than waking up in one ;)

Symptoms so far are identical to the bouts of pneumonia I have had in the past, perhaps this time the coughing is slightly worse. This is a hopeful sign as #1 I have survived these symptoms before and #2 without an actual test it could be pneumonia. Beginning drug treatment was the right thing to do, this morning the minimal phlegm was very thick and white, sinus pain has stopped although headache upon coughing is still there.

Just in case all the stuff I am taking/doing is reducing the effects I will list them here.
T2: Metformin 500mg x 2 daily
Allergies: Fenofexadine 120mg daily
COPD: Symbicort Inhaler 200/6 usually 2 x 2 daily increased to x4 daily, Bricanyl Inhaler 1x4 daily, Spiriva 18mcg x 1 daily, just added 30mg Prednisolone daily
Infection: Amoxicillin
Supplements: Daily vit D 5000iu, Zinc 50mg, Selenium 200mcg, vit C 5000mg, Magnesium 375mg, vit B12 1000mcg
Exercise: being able to get to the loo is enough

Steaming every 3 hours using 4-5 drops Tea Tree oil and a smudge of Vicks Vapour Rub

None of the above is given as a recommendation for treatment and is listed only to illustrate how I am dealing with the virus. Please consult your doctor who will either dowse or check chicken innards as they aren't sure yet https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus:)

Don't worry, I won't be doing a 'dear diary' every morning, I was just bored ;)

Interesting thread here https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/beaten-the-virus.173262/#post-2242557

Thank you for posting your meds list - hubby has had pneumonia 3 times as a child and is now asthmatic, he was also a butcher for 40 years and I dread to think what his lungs are like from sweeping up sawdust laden floors. Interesting the levels of supplements you are taking. Think we need to increase his. Need to get onto Amazon quick to see what's available. What make of Vit C are you taking I'm not sure what I should go far given all the varieties out there.

Keep strong, sounds like you are doing great.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My mother knits Fair Isle Fishermen’s Keps - I think we all have one in the family. She also does socks and jumpers. Not sure just how much wool she has in reserve as they have been in lockdown at their home in SW France for a while.
I do hope that your mother has a good stock of yarn at home. It is good to have something you really enjoy doing while this lockdown continues so hopefully she will be able to continue.

If she does have enough yarn it won't be hard to guess what everyone is getting for Christmas.

Reactions: Ryhia

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, up with the lark and showing 7.5 with a surprisingly nice 35.4 temperature. We'll see how that goes through the day. managed five hours sleep sitting upright before the dry coughing woke me up.
That's looking good. Temperature dropping is a good sign. 5 hours sleep is pretty good. Hope symptoms continue to improve today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day of survival in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of electrical two way pull switches and a fist full of screwdrivers to the sound of Ennio Morricone came in a a rousing 5.2 eyes of blue this am

Granddaughter phoned yesterday due to printergate and inability to print out school work. Mrs Miggins to the rescue. School work printed and left in the airlock. All collected and conversations from the safety of two large hoola hoops. Thankfully it was not raining or that printing would have been all for nought.

Guitars. So many representations. My thoughts went to Andre Segovia and then Jango Reinhard. Then my dad’s old Martin and him jamming with the Critics Group in The Troubadour with Martin Carthy and Bob Dylan on his melodium in 1963. Then there is Pete Seeger and his sister Peggy who is still going strong and lives in Cambridge - or is it Oxford - must ask my mum. On and on but as a lad of the 60’s here is the wonderful Jimi Hendrix on an acoustic.

Have as good as day as you can - koffy

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do hope that your mother has a good stock of yarn at home. It is good to have something you really enjoy doing while this lockdown continues so hopefully she will be able to continue.

If she does have enough yarn it won't be hard to guess what everyone is getting for Christmas.
On her last birthday, I sent her a skein of Herdwick wool and a drop spindle from somewhere in Cumbria - wonder if I should send her a spinning wheel?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been up since 2:30 am

Fbg 6.1

Temp 34.9

Popeye is going to be 28 years old in May. He is an elderly cat, but doesn’t behave his age...and neither do I
Great fbs and temperature.He

Good to hear that Popeye gave a good account of himself.

We had a large while rabbit called Snowy when the children were young. One day he was attacked in the garden by a cat. We rushed out to find him covered in blood and the cat escaping over the fence.

It turned out that none of the blood was his - so he definitely also gave a good account of himself. It looked as though he had attacked the cat with his back legs.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A question

Name game today.
Guitar.
Any thing picture film book TV show purely of interest that involves GUITARS.
Be adventurous, put that 24 / 7 web browsing many are doing to good use .or just kill a little time and add content to share with others...sharing IS caring..:)

Can I get away with Gee Tar the character from West Side Story.

Ok will look out something or someone else.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...been up for a little while keep forgetting the BG fixated on taking temperature not bothering now it is what it is...laughing ( I shouldn't really ) at those attempting home haircuts as salons & barbers will be closed...some absolute disasters lots wearing hats in the coming weeks.
We are about 2 weeks away from finding out peoples true hair colour!

Reactions: UserABC2021

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day of survival in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of electrical two way pull switches and a fist full of screwdrivers to the sound of Ennio Morricone came in a a rousing 5.2 eyes of blue this am

Granddaughter phoned yesterday due to printergate and inability to print out school work. Mrs Miggins to the rescue. School work printed and left in the airlock. All collected and conversations from the safety of two large hoola hoops. Thankfully it was not raining or that printing would have been all for nought.

Guitars. So many representations. My thoughts went to Andre Segovia and then Jango Reinhard. Then my dad’s old Martin and him jamming with the Critics Group in The Troubadour with Martin Carthy and Bob Dylan on his melodium in 1963. Then there is Pete Seeger and his sister Peggy who is still going strong and lives in Cambridge - or is it Oxford - must ask my mum. On and on but as a lad of the 60’s here is the wonderful Jimi Hendrix on an acoustic.

Have as good as day as you can - koffy

Nice to know even the best get it wrong when nervous. Note it's a right hand guitar strung to a left hand player.

Reactions: Debandez and dunelm