What medicines do you use in your country?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Is there a reason why you want to know what other people are prescribed?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi unbanracer,
I actually want this information to be aware that i am not being looted and everyone is using just the same prescriptions.I am very skeptical.

Well, instead of asking about everybody elses medication, tell us whether you are T1 or T2 and what medication you've been given. We will give you some feedback on how common it is.

Reactions: kaylz91

Civis

Well, instead of asking about everybody elses medication, tell us whether you are T1 or T2 and what medication you've been given. We will give you some feedback on how common it is.
Drop the condescending "Well" and project an understanding and appreciation of why someone is seeking information. Surely your communications training,as a staff member,would help with improving your empathy!

I'm a Type 1 Diabetic on an Insulin Pump using Novo Rapid insulin, Metformin and Semaglutide to help achieve good control.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Drop the condescending "Well" and project an understanding and appreciation of why someone is seeking information. Surely your communications training,as a staff member,would help with improving your empathy!

I'm a Type 1 Diabetic on an Insulin Pump using Novo Rapid insulin, Metformin and Semaglutide to help achieve good control.

It was a valid question being asked in regards to someone wanting to know what people are using, which can be quite personal to the individual. Perhaps you could drop the accusations which are unfounded.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, different people in different countries have different prescription and drug charges. Drugs are also sold under different brand names in different parts of the world. Different countries also have somewhat different treatment protocols.
For instance, in the UK, we pay National Insurance, part of which goes to fund the National Health Service. Some prescriptions for medication are charged at a flat rate, but many people get their prescriptions without a charge. People who have diabetes and are on diabetes medications do not pay for their prescriptions.

@Mohit0460 if you tell us where you are, what drugs are being used, their brand names, etc. then you are more likely to get answers that are useful to you.

In addition, sometimes we get people trying to do research on this forum with the intention to target members with spam or advertising (both are against the forum rules), so asking a few questions to find out what is actually being asked, is a perfectly reasonable response.

Reactions: urbanracer
D

Deleted member 308541

Medicines have always taken a toll on your pocket .Please tell me what prescriptions do you use?
This medication list is in my sig on this forum, and I have no qualms in sharing it.

Xarelto
Digoxin
Tambocor
Bisoprolol
Olmetec
Rosuvastatin
Airomir
Symbicort 400
Spiriva Respimat
Omeprazole
Diclofenac
Prolia
Antroquoril Cream
Sigmacort Cream

There is no T2 medication on the list anymore as I have been off Metformin for over a year.

As I have PBS concession card the scripts cost me $6.60 each, when I have filled 48 scripts I then go on to the safety net with all medication being free for the rest of the year.

I also get NDSS subsidised bgl testing strips at $1.20 per 100 box.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I no longer take any diabetic medication, but as an old age pensioner who paid National Insurance contributions all my working life, my few non-diabetic ones are currently paid for out of this.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I don't mind saying it's on my profile page anyway.

Pyridostigmine 360 mg daily
Prednisolone 15 mg daily
Losartin potassium 50 mg daily
Alendronic acid 70 mg once a week
Simvastatin 40 mg daily
Lansoprazole 15 mg daily
Ventolin inhaler
Adcal-D3 3000 mg per day chewable tablets
Soluble Asprin 75 mg per day
Furosemide 20 mg per day
Fluconazole 50 mg daily
Co-Trimoxazole 960 mg per week on Monday then Friday
Folic Acid 5 mg daily
Metformin 500 mg per day
Adcal +D3 twice daily

As I am in the UK and a) Am over sixty
b)Have Myasthenia Gravis
c) Am on metformin a diabetes medication

I pay nothing for these medications.

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypurin Porcine daytime
Tresiba at night
Apurin
Amlodipine

Paid for by taxes + insurance.

I agree, that it would have been more polite, if you would have described your own situation first...

Last edited:
Reactions: gillytee31

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to be off-topic, but I'm worried now: is "Well,[...]" considered condescending in English? I'm used to the Dutch equivalent of "Nou, [...]", so I use it in English a lot too. Am I being a snob? If so, do let me know!!!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to be off-topic, but I'm worried now: is "Well,[...]" considered condescending in English? I'm used to the Dutch equivalent of "Nou, [...]", so I use it in English a lot too. Am I being a snob? If so, do let me know!!!
No. Not in my book. I use it the same way you do and I am English. It can be condescending but can also be used in explanation or exclamation.

Reactions: Robbity

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No. Not in my book. I use it the same way you do and I am English. It can be condescending but can also be used in explanation or exclamation.
Thank you. That's a big relief. :)

Reactions: zand

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Using 'well' is not, in my opinion condescending.

It is possible (in English) to be condescending saying just about anything ;) but it is all about the tone of voice and manner of delivery.

Since this forum is written, tones of voice are irrelevant.
Besides, it is always better to assume that people are being polite, and react accordingly.
The few exceptions usually make their intentional offensiveness very clear, and at the point just hit the Report button and then ignore them. :)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Using 'well' is not, in my opinion condescending.

It is possible (in English) to be condescending saying just about anything ;) but it is all about the tone of voice and manner of delivery.

Since this forum is written, tones of voice are irrelevant.
Besides, it is always better to assume that people are being polite, and react accordingly.
The few exceptions usually make their intentional offensiveness very clear, and at the point just hit the Report button and then ignore them. :)
Thank you. :) You and @zand are saving me a panic attack this morning, haha. :)