Type 1 severe pain in feet under small toe on sole of foot after walking 20mins

Dena n David

I am experiencing severe sharp pain on both feet after walking 20mins. There is just below the little toe on the sole of the foot. I have tried different walking shoes but same happens. What can I do to levitate the pain
Thanks
David

PNJB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Check with your GP to determine if the pain is peripheral pneuropathy caused by diabetes, or something more mundane such as plantar fascitis

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am experiencing severe sharp pain on both feet after walking 20mins. There is just below the little toe on the sole of the foot. I have tried different walking shoes but same happens. What can I do to levitate the pain
Thanks
David

Have you checked your feet for calluses or such like David? Do your feet appear pink, rather than darker or paler shade? Are your shoes, and socks well-fitting? I think we often forget about decent socks, and ensuring they aren't getting wither thin, or collecting those gnarly bobbly bits inside

What happens when you stop walking? Does the discomfort stop straight away, or does it take a while?

Ideally, you should have your feet checked by a health care professions sooner, rather than later, although you may find that a little challenge at the moment.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We can't diagnose you but I'd check out plantar fascitis which can be alleviated by massaging the foot with a tennis ball and is usually worse first thing in the morning.
Or the fact that it is near the toe may indicate an attack of gout which often travels with type 2 and is remedied with a low fructose diet and/or anti uric acid meds which you'd get on prescription. You should of course get some basic foot check done once the CoVid panic is over to ensure this isn't peripheral neuropathy.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only walk for 15 minutes? ;);) But seriously get it checked out by GP/Podiatrist