I think my Freestyle Libre sensor is dead!!!!

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.

We will be calling Abbott later I think but I think I've got a dud sensor.

I either get Sensor error or Check sensor and have to start it again.

I'm giving it one last shot as it had MULTIPLE chances already but if it fails again (which is 99.999999% likely to do so) we will replace and call. I get sensors as part of a prescription but I do know that Abbott deal with any faulty sensors and not the hospital.

Around 30 sensors since I started using them on the 4th of January 2019...none of those were as faulty as this. We did have stints in 2016, with the first ever sensor replaced due to the sensor not being put on hard enough and the third did have blood come out but still worked.

I DID HAVE THE SENSOR PUT ON FIRM ENOUGH AND IT IS STICKING TO THE SKIN UNLIKE THE FIRST EVER ONE IN 2016.
Sensor has died.

Sensor in question has been replaced with a new one.

Last edited:

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just adding on.

THE SENSOR HAS INDEED FAILED WITH ANOTHER CHECK SENSOR.

Sensor has been changed and Abbott will be contacted later on!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sometimes they do just fail (as with anything electronic) - I know I've had a few replaced by Abbott over the last (nearly) 4 years

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes they do just fail (as with anything electronic) - I know I've had a few replaced by Abbott over the last (nearly) 4 years
I have not had a failure like this before which is strange. Then again I've been using it for less than 1 year in 2016 and then again for over one year since 2019. I did have one where we didn't put on the sensor properly but this one (which has been replaced by a new sensor, luckily I had one spare) failed with "Sensor error" and "Check sensor". It was bound to show "Replace sensor" soon anyway