Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Hi,

Hope everyone's doing okay given whats going on around us all.

I got forced into home working last week and we have cases of corona-virus just up the road from us. Shops in our village have shut down rather cutting off supplies of bakery goods, meat and veg/fruit.

I'm discombobulated to say the least. My Autistic and ADHD routines are shot through and my partners work has dried up (Shes self employed). Basically it boils down to eating to get through this at the moment. Yes I'm eating bread (we freeze loaves) and potatoes, and pizza and chips and fish fingers because that's what we have that we can easily access and I'm trying to get exercise and work from home (using unfamiliar equipment and with a neighbour constantly berating his kids) and just get through to the other side.

Yes you can criticize my diet but I'm eating because I have to. My blood sugar is a little up but then I'm also stressed out (I am sure I am not alone there) and just really struggling.

Stay safe out there folks!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We can only eat what we can get hold of. Stay safe Patrick.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Hope everyone's doing okay given whats going on around us all.

I got forced into home working last week and we have cases of corona-virus just up the road from us. Shops in our village have shut down rather cutting off supplies of bakery goods, meat and veg/fruit.

I'm discombobulated to say the least. My Autistic and ADHD routines are shot through and my partners work has dried up (Shes self employed). Basically it boils down to eating to get through this at the moment. Yes I'm eating bread (we freeze loaves) and potatoes, and pizza and chips and fish fingers because that's what we have that we can easily access and I'm trying to get exercise and work from home (using unfamiliar equipment and with a neighbour constantly berating his kids) and just get through to the other side.

Yes you can criticize my diet but I'm eating because I have to. My blood sugar is a little up but then I'm also stressed out (I am sure I am not alone there) and just really struggling.

Stay safe out there folks!
Not going to berate anyone for making do. Just hope you'll be safe. (Is getting noise cancelling headphones an idea to drown out the neighbor? I know I'd be lost without mine.)
All the best,
Jo

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not going to berate anyone for making do. Just hope you'll be safe. (Is getting noise cancelling headphones an idea to drown out the neighbor? I know I'd be lost without mine.)
All the best,
Jo
I do have them but I have to take lots of work calls so its not really practical. Unfortunately. Hes still berating the poor lad about math homework!.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
We can only eat what we can get hold of. Stay safe Patrick.
Thank you.

Will venture out at some point as we must travel further and further to find the healthy stuff. My next HbA1c is due in a few weeks time. I don't think it will be great but...not much I can do.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do have them but I have to take lots of work calls so its not really practical. Unfortunately. Hes still berating the poor lad about math homework!.
Yup, quarantine brings out the "best" in some people eh... Sorry for the kid, and for you.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yup, quarantine brings out the "best" in some people eh... Sorry for the kid, and for you.
Well if it goes on for many more weeks I may well start tearing my hair out (thus saving on the hair cut that I cant have anyway!)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.

Will venture out at some point as we must travel further and further to find the healthy stuff. My next HbA1c is due in a few weeks time. I don't think it will be great but...not much I can do.
Have you searched a local page on Facebook, or somewhere similar, for people delivering vegetable boxes and other things?There are several near me as companies that normally supply restaurants and hotels are selling direct to the public.

You will probably find that your HbA1c test is delayed as they don't want any routine visits to GP surgeries or hospitals.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya Patrick,
Have you tried “white noise” to drown out background noises such as neighbours etc. My son has 2 fans running most days, he points them into corners on the colder days. He also puts a radio on on long wave not on a station so he only has static. Even I find it quite effective at drowning out the constantly barking dog over the road

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Yes you can criticize my diet but I'm eating because I have to.

Nobody will, we're all in the same boat and all dealing with it in the best way we can. I'm trying to deal with a wife who thinks wearing a snood is silly (I'm trying not to buy masks needed by NHS, even if a delivery date was possible before May). My logic is that is just another piece in the puzzle to reduce risk, along with distancing, not having covid parties and lots of hand washing, even the shopping gets washed or wiped down.

It's like everything in life, you can only try your best, no matter what anybody says.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have you searched a local page on Facebook, or somewhere similar, for people delivering vegetable boxes and other things?There are several near me as companies that normally supply restaurants and hotels are selling direct to the public.

You will probably find that your HbA1c test is delayed as they don't want any routine visits to GP surgeries or hospitals.
Yes I'm not anticipating my HbA1c for a few weeks at the barest minimum. Even those that deliver are shutting down here so will have to venture farther afield.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hiya Patrick,
Have you tried “white noise” to drown out background noises such as neighbours etc. My son has 2 fans running most days, he points them into corners on the colder days. He also puts a radio on on long wave not on a station so he only has static. Even I find it quite effective at drowning out the constantly barking dog over the road
I cant use anything noisy as I'm on the phone so much through work. I have noise cancelling headphones but, again, not practical now i have to be on phone alert all day.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nobody will, we're all in the same boat and all dealing with it in the best way we can. I'm trying to deal with a wife who thinks wearing a snood is silly (I'm trying not to buy masks needed by NHS, even if a delivery date was possible before May). My logic is that is just another piece in the puzzle to reduce risk, along with distancing, not having covid parties and lots of hand washing, even the shopping gets washed or wiped down.

It's like everything in life, you can only try your best, no matter what anybody says.
My better half makes masks for family and friends. It keeps her busy.

Reactions: JohnEGreen