Reversed my diabetes!

gale1960

I had my ac1 results back today and I've gone from 50 to 38 in three months! Can't wait to see my diabetic nurses face when she finds out how I've done it! She advised me not to 'follow any of those Atkins type diets as they don't work'. I've never felt so energetic and healthy in my life and I've lost 21lbs in weight and 6 inches from my waist!

Reactions: Divia and Perro

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's what I've been told for the last half century - it is almost a religion - almost, otherwise I'd have been burned for heresy long ago.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
This is better than any food frequency questionaire. Your result is brilliant, real world and tangible. Superb.

joffy01582

I had my ac1 results back today and I've gone from 50 to 38 in three months! Can't wait to see my diabetic nurses face when she finds out how I've done it! She advised me not to 'follow any of those Atkins type diets as they don't work'. I've never felt so energetic and healthy in my life and I've lost 21lbs in weight and 6 inches from my waist!
So you're still a diabetic but with very good control

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooh, I can imagine you're looking forward to the look on her face! Well done, congratulations. :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Excellent news indeed... very well done to you for taking control.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful results, @gale1960. Very well done and very well deserved.

Hope this convinces your nurse that LC works for a lot of us. Please report back re your nurse's reaction.

NéjiSaïdi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fake knowledge
Congratulations! I have the same story, I went LCHF against the recommendations of my GP. Three months later, he got the shock and awe response mode; just like your nurse. Now, LCHF, regular exercise (just morning walks) and good quality sleep are my medicine. Keep it up.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done! Keep up the good work!

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Great job... keep it up! err. down, keep it down lol
Po

Reactions: Buzzer81

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great results , so my congratulations too - but you'll still need to keep up with all that hard work to keep those levels down, to partially paraphrase poetic Po... :p

gale1960

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely keeping to this lifestyle. I no longer have cravings for sweets, cakes etc which were my downfall before. I know I'm still classed as diabetic but I don't worry as much as I did at the beginning. I know I can keep it under control, without resorting to drugs, now which was my main concern.

Reactions: Rachox and surdoux

DeniseT 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Correct me if I'm wrong, my understanding is that diabetes can't be reversed but that it can be put into remission. I'm a type 2 diabetic - amongst other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cestrian43