New to the whole diabetesworld...

Glyko

Hello :) !

Newbie here, glad to get some support in this condition. I am posting from Sweden. Don't really know much but will be referred to a diabetes-nurse soon.

I just ordered a bloodsugar-meter and hopefully I'll learn a ton very soon. I have read Michael Mosley's book on reversing type 2 diabetes in 8 weeks and feel optimistic. Initially I was sad but found new hope through this book and also Dr. Jason Fungs videos on Youtube. Any other books you guys can recommend?

Thanks for reading this post and hope you have a nice day! <3

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just off to bed but take a spin through the links at the bottom of my signature - past the covid stuff

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Glyko and welcome

The books and videos you’ve found will be a great help. I’m a particular fan of Jason Fung and any of his books - the obesity code, the diabetes code and complete guide to fasting would be a good read.

Also check out dietdoctor.com for information about diet (you can get the information you need for free) and have a read of this link: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/

This forum is a fabulous place for support, so please ask as many questions as you like.