Type 2 Diabetic management and risk of severe complications from covid19

lucas12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi is well managed diabetes puts you in "general population" group in terms of possibility of seviere complications. This is what American diabetes association puts on their website. Although diabetes UK puts all diabetic at same level of severity. Does management makes difference

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Getting covid doeant come any easier for us....but its having an illness which can make glucose control harder....and if there are prolongued high periods, then your imune system wont be firing on all four cylibnders so to speak.....

is it possible to maintain good control when ill, for a type one I would say absolutely......dont know about type 2, although having your own insulin will lmake it easier than not having it....

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To be honest the whole country is on the same footing now, every one is isolated so i dont really think about the risk any more.

If your doing what you can to avoid getting it, then what more will worrying about possible consequences of getting it do is my view. I cant see a reason why a person with well controlled type 2 diabetes would have a significantly worse time of it compared to a normal person.

If you have established complications already or your bloods are our of control it wont help, but if your an average person who has to watch what they eat to stay in balance then i cant see an issue.

Best just to carry on being careful with every one else and not think to hard about it