Type 2 why not self isolate??

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could we please stay polite and on topic on this thread.

Thank you in anticipation.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
So far I have seen no reason given as to why a T2 should not self isolate except for maybe where they are on a government risk list and what official advise has been given. And that as far as I'm concerned is no good reason as in all things diabetic we have learned to make our own decisions and do what we believe is best for us and that is how I will continue.

Amina9191

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hear the same thing on tv too. I don’t know is it’s true but they said that type 1’s have a weaker immune system than type 2’s so the virus would affected them worse. Also many kids have type 1’s as well to they have to keep that into consideration too.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Which in itself should be a red flag since the aetiology and myriad confounding factors that go along with metabolic syndrome means that conflating the two conditions is patently an erroneous oversimplification that renders the advice meaningless for the sake of neatness.

Even with regard to just the actual diabetes there are endless nuances and distinctions which bring about differences in overall morbidity risk. My avatar is watching anyone who thinks that type 1 and type 2 should be lumped together in this.

I propose that Our Government pays Jim a retainer fee so that they can print out Jims avatar and post it on every street corner and in every supermarket, port and airport.
Po

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well it looks like the PM has given an instruction no longer advise stay home except for a limited number of reasons or you can be arrested and fined.

I think we are on a sort of lock down at least for the next free weeks

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I propose that Our Government pays Jim a retainer fee so that they can print out Jims avatar and post it on every street corner and in every supermarket, port and airport.
Po
I've often wondered whether this fellow was actually Jim in an earlier incarnation?

upload_2020-3-24_10-59-56.png

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hear the same thing on tv too. I don’t know is it’s true but they said that type 1’s have a weaker immune system than type 2’s so the virus would affected them worse. Also many kids have type 1’s as well to they have to keep that into consideration too.

Imagin its all down how well controlled levels are. T1 is an auto immune. However someone with T2 which is not controlled will have a weakened immune system.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
So i know i would suffer severley if i got the virus knowing the symptoms one gets and it basically can cause your organs to fail if you are diabetic

It's best to think that way but when I look at how good people look after only a week, I wonder what the difference is? It's obviously a complicated virus and they're only just working out how it works. After all, Wuhan University were advertising for research associates back in November last year, to research into corona viruses.