New year

MariaClara

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I there my name its clara I am from Canada.
I'm 55 years old, and been type 2 over 11 year.

My husband been type 2 over one year, but I am really worry
His sugar level doesn't go down
Been in the hospital for 2 week,got home and his glucose is high again,some times the mechine just sai its extreme high.
He is taken insulin 100 u per day
Is anybody here with these problem that can give ideia what to do thanks

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the forum.

What is he eating in a typical day please?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your profile says T1, can you please correct it.

Carbohydrates have a drastic effect on our blood glucose. If you tell us what you are eating we might be able to help.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I there my name its clara I am from Canada.
I'm 55 years old, and been type 2 over 11 year.

My husband been type 2 over one year, but I am really worry
His sugar level doesn't go down
Been in the hospital for 2 week,got home and his glucose is high again,some times the mechine just sai its extreme high.
He is taken insulin 100 u per day
Is anybody here with these problem that can give ideia what to do thanks
Hello @MariaClara ,

Practically all carbohydrates turn to glucose once ingested. That's obvious sugars, but also potatoes, bread, pasta, fruit and many, many other food items... Cut the carbs, and blood sugars will drop. Hence @xfieldok 's question. It's one of the few most vital bits of information you can give us. Because if, for instance, you and your husband are following a keto lifestyle -very low carb- to the letter already, and his blood sugars are still high, he might be misdiagnosed and a late onset T1. On the other hand, if your shared diet is high in carbs, that means there is LOADS of room for improvement yet and therefor, hope to get this under control! https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- have a read, see whether it resonates, and maybe delve into Dr. Jason Fung's book, the Diabetes Code. It helps if you can do this together. Some journeys, and medical ones especially, can make one feel very lonely. If you do this together you'll both reap the benefits, and odds are it'll be easier to stick to it, as the low carb diet is a for-life kind of thing. (Whereas medication and possibly insulin, if he has been diagnosed correctly, don't have to be.). Mind you, he needs to test a LOT so he doesn't overshoot his insulin. hypo's are a very real possibility.

Give a shout if we can help!
Jo