Medication not on my list

D

Deleted member 308541

Hi just wondered if anyone knew why I would have my insulin taken off of my online mediation list
This is a question you should be asking your GP etc, as I would not have a clue as to why it was removed...

Reactions: searley

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had one or other of my insulins mysteriously disappear from my list of repeatable items on around four or five occasions. Every time this has happened, I have rung up and complained, but nobody can come up with any rational explanation. On one occasion, I was forced to make an appointment with one of the doctors to get the missing one re-instated. Usually, a knowledgeable receptionist will send an email to one of the GPs asking them to sort it out. The only explanation that has been suggested is that it is a computer error of some description, but as a former computer programmer, I am dubious about this. They claim it is not a change authorised by any doctor or nurse, as no ID is ever logged as the person making the change. I find the situation stressful too, Heather.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's also happened to me a few times since I went onto a pump. I'm usually told it's the external auditors who take my long acting insulin off because I haven't ordered it for months. I then have to explain that as per hospital instructions, I need it at home as a back up in case pump fails, but only order when the box of cartridges I've got go out of date. Have also had test strips taken off, on one occasion ALL insulin deleted etc. Maybe they're trying to get rid of me!!:D:D:D

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m sure it is, I just think with everything going in it’s made me feel slightly stressed I’m sure it will be fine

Heather, I don't know which online system your surgery use, but at ours, on the Medications there is a section where I can make a special request. In my world, that might be the steroid cream I use every now and then (a tube lasts about a year, so isn't on regular repeat), or if I need my thyroxine early, say, for a holiday. Do you have something like it, where you could drop then a note?

Edited to add: This is SystemOnline.

upload_2020-4-4_17-4-1.png

Just as an aside, I also take Liothyronine, which is prescribed by the hospital consultant, and dispensed by the hospital pharmacy, so it doesn't show there.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Last edited:

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you look at your list you will see something referring to a review at 3 months item. No doctor who knows you are type 1 would ever take insulin off your list and most don't ration stuff either so I would think this is either an admin error by non human forces or some kind of mistake about your diabetic status possibly? My pharmacist has always been great about rectifying any prescription errors that do happen especially with the change from pens to pump.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks, I'm aware of the review. Have been type 1 diabetic on insulin for over 50 years, and when I had items taken off I went to see one of the drs who is a partner, as reception couldn't sort it out for me, and each time she's said it is the external auditors, as they can't see all the info that a gp can, so even though I'll put not to delete it, it will probably happen this time next year, just ring me if it does, and sure enough it did. It's always the same time of year. Also got told it was the auditors when I had to see another gp. There's never a problem with the amount of insulin I order. It's happened to friends at the same surgery with items they don't order very regularly as well.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like a serious mistake. Tell the Practice Manager and the Patient Participation Group. Yes, My surgery uses System Online and there is a slot to order items not on the prescription list; I used it once for new pen.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was looking for the screenshot I posted above, I noted my surgery is now also using Airmid, as an adjunct to SystemOnline. When I looked at it in the App Store, I noted it included "messaging", which we have never had before, so downloaded it for a look.

Messaging has been disabled by the practise, and in some ways I can understand why, at this particular time, but it was certainly really very good for finding historic information. Medications are listed as "current" and historic, with the relevant notes appended to the historic entry which include the reason it was discontinued. Mine was just a reduction in my thyroxine dose, meaning I didn't need any 25mcgr tablets when I started Liothyronine.

Heather77

Hi sorry for the late reply, I was due for a review so the doctors took it off my online repeat! To ensure I had a blood test!