Type 1 Libre reader issue.

RafaelMF

Hello everyone! I hope you’re all good and safe.

I ordered two Libre sensors a few days ago (they arrived in time and without issue) I haven’t used my Libre in a very long time, so I charged the reader and installed the sensor in my arm, after that, started a new sensor and counted the 60 minutes. I downloaded the app as well and the app counter catches up with the 60 minutes countdown from the reader. For some reason, while I’m charging my reader it turns off and looses the 60 minutes countdown, I try to scan it again and says “Sensor Ended” I have no problem with using it with the app but I would love to use it with the sensor for counting carb and correcting insulin.

Has anyone had this issue before and managed to use both Reader and App?

Many thanks.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use both the reader and the phone app

I know if you want to use both you must start the sensor with the Abbott reader and also then pair the phone with the sensor within that 60 mins startup, otherwise you can't use both.

Did you definitely start the sensor with your reader?
If you started it with the reader and the reader suddenly lost all record of it then you should ring up Abbott tomorrow and let them know what happened as its possible its malfunctioning - though admittedly I've never let mine run out of charge but I would've hoped that running out of charge didn't just lose the pairing.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You could try ringing the manufacturer tomorrow. I tend to put my sensor on 24 hours before I activate it.

RafaelMF

I use both the reader and the phone app

I know if you want to use both you must start the sensor with the Abbott reader and also then pair the phone with the sensor within that 60 mins startup, otherwise you can't use both.

Did you definitely start the sensor with your reader?
If you started it with the reader and the reader suddenly lost all record of it then you should ring up Abbott tomorrow and let them know what happened as its possible its malfunctioning - though admittedly I've never let mine run out of charge but I would've hoped that running out of charge didn't just lose the pairing.

Thanks for the advice! I think that it was because of the low battery on the reader, it took very long to charge as well.

I’ll try to ring them anyway. Thank you again and stay safe :)

RafaelMF

You could try ringing the manufacturer tomorrow. I tend to put my sensor on 24 hours before I activate it.

That it’s a good advice! I was excited to start with the sensor so I’m pretty sure it was my mistake to start it without enough battery on reader.

Thank you!