Any T2's managing to get Supermarket Delivery Slots?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are lots of battery change tutorials all over youtube.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried but failed despite having a regular 2 weekly delivery from Sainsbury’s for the last 3 years

sonia2016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No delivery slots at all with any supermarket so far, despite registering as very vulnerable. High risk not due to diabetes but another condition which compromises immune system. Am relying on neighbour and community volunteer, who are wonderful. Also had a phone call from local council social services to ask if all well.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tesco had some slots available earlier this evening in my neck of the woods. I live in the North East.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You just have to keep checking, I know tesco in particular are adding extra slots at different times, I looked yesterday and I could've got a delivery today but I already have one booked for the weekend, they are popping up fairly frequently where I live. I did have some success with Asda too, but they are now only showing slots for the next 7 days, all of which are booked up. If you're really in a pickle then Harvey and Brockless are now delivering nationwide with a minimum order of £40 (https://www.harveyandbrockless.co.uk/) they are a little bit pricey and you may not get everything you need, they only do food no other household items or anything, or if you're in certain bits of Yorkshire you can order from Delifresh (https://delifresh-ltd.myshopify.com/), they do a few household items. These are both normally catering suppliers though, not supermarkets :cat:

Reactions: Jam81

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Max68 - Have you tried, or considered hooking it up to a battery charger for a few hours, or overnight? If nothing else, that'd help prove the battery hypothesis.

You could then start the car, once a week say, just to keep it topped up, or alternatively, disconnect the then charged battery to minimise any losses?

Some cars have more than other draining the battery, if left standing.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
To be honest what I did was buy a delivery pass from Asda then when I had randomly the opportunity to book a slot I booked a recurring slot.

D

Deleted member 308541

DELIVERY ORDER DETAILS

Date:
Sunday, 05 April 2020

Time: Between 09:00am and 02:00pm

Estimated arrival*: Between 09:00am and 10:00am

Delivery location
To: XX XXXXXXXX St, Bundaberg West QLD

Instructions for the driver:
Front gates open, thank you.
It's raining outside when I opened the gate for the delivery driver, so I chucked a few chilli seeds in a bare patch of "garden" near the gate.