Type 1'stars R Us

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning guys hope this message finds all of you well and healthy as can be.
How is everyone coping with covid 19.
For me its same as normal i'm a gamer and carer so not really all that different

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 people are happy to help. My SIL is on the Shielding list so whenever we go shopping I give her a ring and ask if there’s anything she needs - we have plenty of time anyway. When we drop it off she stands by the kitchen door and we have a chat for about 30mins - until I remember I’ve got some frozen food in the boot!! It’s like a relay race I’m 12 foot away from SIL, BIL is 9 foot from me and hubby is 9 foot from him - extreme social distancing in practice! Can you order your food and chocolate on line?
I have ordered some chocolate online though it's not what I'd usually buy and apparently won't arrive till May! I stayed up till midnight last night to see if I could get a delivery slot at three different supermarkets - no joy. And @Fairygodmother I know people are happy to help, I keep reminding myself of that and that when this isn't happening I do things to help locally, I just find it hard sometimes, as I'm sure we all do.

Reactions: Daphne917

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Birthday @ArtemisBow - enjoy the cake!! Glad you got a lie in as well.

Considering some baking and cooking later. I'm trying to do different things on Saturdays even given life's all a bit Groundhog Day at the moment and I'd normally get some different food whilst out on a walk, so I'd be kind of re-creating that routine.

Also resigned to basal being up for the duration - not even enthusiastic gardening and house cleaning is working as well for me as walking three/four times a day does. Unless I go up and down step ladders. I have a weird body...

Actually, I think it's more my body and especially my blood sugars prefer my walking spread out across the day rather than just one mandated piece of exercise a day.

Reactions: Marie 2

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It’s my birthday today - baby gave me a lie in (best present ever!) and I’m going to make my own cake later, because I love baking but rarely get the time or occasion to do it. Woke on a mild hypo and treated to a 6.3 which I’m counting as a win today, have a great day everyone and hope you enjoy the weather in the garden/out in the woods/from your window :)
Penblwydd Hapus!

Reactions: Marie 2 and SueJB

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Happy Birthday @ArtemisBow, happy baking, happy cake eating. Wish we could all join you for the cake!

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the birthday wishes all!

Coronabonus - only me and the immediate family here = more cake for me!

Wait for the headlines tomorrow:
“WOMAN PROVES DEATH BY CHOCOLATE IS A THING. NATIONAL INSULIN SHORTAGE DECLARED.”

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
QUESTION.

if on a normal work day you would wear your clothes from say 7am to 7pm, is it ok to wear the same boxers for 1 hr for 12 days when dressing up to go out for the daily walk?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
QUESTION.

if on a normal work day you would wear your clothes from say 7am to 7pm, is it ok to wear the same boxers for 1 hr for 12 days when dressing up to go out for the daily walk?
Sounds perfectly reasonable. On day 13 you can then turn them inside out and start another 12 day cycle. Maybe just maybe we’ll be out of lockdown in the space of two pairs of boxers.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sounds perfectly reasonable. On day 13 you can then turn them inside out and start another 12 day cycle. Maybe just maybe we’ll be out of lockdown in the space of two pairs of boxers.
And then there's 12 days each for backwards and backwards-inside-out... :D

Reactions: urbanracer

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
It’s my birthday today - baby gave me a lie in (best present ever!) and I’m going to make my own cake later, because I love baking but rarely get the time or occasion to do it. Woke on a mild hypo and treated to a 6.3 which I’m counting as a win today, have a great day everyone and hope you enjoy the weather in the garden/out in the woods/from your window :)
Happy birthday @ArtemisBow .........you get a birthday badge

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning :) 4.5 to wake to, hovering at 7.3 after porridge and eggs (not in the same bowl) and today I fancy a cycle ride, I got a pair of padded lycra shorts and although I don't work in a bank I'll be a half lycra banker later :p

Apart from cycling I've a house to decorate so currently am sat in a fair bit of squalor downstairs, if you stamp on the carpet there's a dust cloud, in fact there's dust absolutely everywhere, the carpet is tip bound but the tip's shut, I've material to paper the ceiling and walls, but need paint and timber, plasterboard and tiles, inspiration and flooring and the tip to reopen as I've still rubble sacks and waste wood to get rid of.

I need a gas fitter too to remove the feed pipe to the fire but have a mate who'll go on my roof to put a cowl on the chimney pots to stop the stupid pigeons falling down it and a new tv aerial whist he's up there at a safe social distance...

Enjoy your weekends :)
you work so hard, I'm always envious and a big happy bappy birthday@kev-w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
QUESTION.

gross so no they'd be stinky @urbanracer

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Happy birthday!

Reactions: SueJB and Marie 2