First person I know with virus and it's my mum...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Updates are now getting trickier. The hospital have just started a call system where you are supposed to have a daily phone call to update next of kin. But it hasnt happened yet. When you actually get through they are so busy they cant speak, or the person you need to speak to can't speak.

In the past few days she has moved ward three times, we've been told she may be discharged as improving, that she hasnt improved and wont be put on ventilator if she deteriorates, then that she was improving, discharge mentioned, then she was off oxygen, then on oxygen, not being discharged anytime soon.

It's a nightmare from a relatives point of view. I understand fully why it's so difficult but it doesnt make it easier.

Really, we are still in the dark.
This is in no way a complaint! The hospital are caring for her and others as best they can at the moment and their priority has to be the patients.

What a nightmare for you mousseee. I'll be keeping my vest vibes on send for you both. You must be shattered by it all.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Updates are now getting trickier. The hospital have just started a call system where you are supposed to have a daily phone call to update next of kin. But it hasnt happened yet. When you actually get through they are so busy they cant speak, or the person you need to speak to can't speak.

In the past few days she has moved ward three times, we've been told she may be discharged as improving, that she hasnt improved and wont be put on ventilator if she deteriorates, then that she was improving, discharge mentioned, then she was off oxygen, then on oxygen, not being discharged anytime soon.

It's a nightmare from a relatives point of view. I understand fully why it's so difficult but it doesnt make it easier.

This is in no way a complaint! The hospital are caring for her and others as best they can at the moment and their priority has to be the patients.
Sending hugs to you and very best wishes for your mum.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh yuck, nightmarish indeed!
All the best to your mother, you, and everyone else involved. And a big hug.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @mouseee ,

Sending positivity your way for a happy reunion with your Mum.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@mouseee sending positive thoughts and hugs your way.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

mouseee

A final update on my mum.

She sadly succumbed to the virus and died earlier today.

Thank you for all your positive thoughts!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so sorry Mousee, I wish you and yours lots of strength.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
So so sorry do not know what to say except my condolences to you and your family.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A final update on my mum.

She sadly succumbed to the virus and died earlier today.

Thank you for all your positive thoughts!

Oh mouseee. I can't tell you how sad I am to hear your news, but thank you for taking the time to let us know. That alone can't have been easy for you.

Don't be a stranger. People here will want to support you in this difficult time. Just do whatever feels right.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so very sorry for your loss, the passing of a loved one is difficult to bear at any time but even more so in these challenging times. My heart goes out to you and your family and sending you much love

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have any words to express how sorry I am for your loss, @mouseee. Thinking of you.