Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If the underpants were hung up to air for the 23 hours after being worn for an hour, they'd probably be less stinky in 12 days time than after a 12 hours stretch of wearing. Assuming the hour happened at roughly the same time each day.

I think I have too much thinking time at the moment....

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@ArtemisBow
@kev-w

Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s my birthday today - baby gave me a lie in (best present ever!) and I’m going to make my own cake later, because I love baking but rarely get the time or occasion to do it. Woke on a mild hypo and treated to a 6.3 which I’m counting as a win today, have a great day everyone and hope you enjoy the weather in the garden/out in the woods/from your window :)
Belated birthday wishes x

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Marie & Becca, 53 years young apart from my knees and shoulders as they feel like my great grandads :p and to think back in 1984 aged 17 at diagnosis they told me I'd live for another 30 years :p

Waking on an 8.3 and planning the exercise period with a tapping foot while my bloods drop before breakfast shortly, might mow the lawns although I might not :p

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Happy Lockdown Birthday @kev-w. What better way to celebrate than with the smell of new mown grass on a lovely sunny day. Have a good one!

Reactions: kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Birthday @kev-w! Here's to another 30 years +

Woke up and got up early today, beautiful morning though the wind's back. Have walked the dog, getting ready to do some gardening, mowed the lawns yesterday :smug:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bloods mucking about a bit at the mo, grrrrr, but then the cartridges are moving from middle age to the pensionable phase of their short two week life. Single numbers but not as low down the scale as I’d like. Ah well, oh for more walking. Tackling the weeds in heavy clay soil’s just not as good and it definitely duffs up knees and back. I think a coffee by the pond to see if the newts are back yet will defer the weed war. Husband cut the grass yesterday so good scents too, and I’ll raise the mug to kev’s birthday.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, sun's out and my badge is on.
What a fabulous day.
I'm going to give my friend some rhubarb............... from a safe distance and then get back to fighting weeds like you @Fairygodmother but on sandy soil. I'm emptying the pond I filled with water a couple of days ago. It's not level.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone else find knowing what day it is and where we are in the calendar’s proving less and less important? I thought it might be Easter/Oestre Sunday and when letting the cat out I also nearly went down the garden to place 4 choc bunnies on lovely neighbour’s compost heap (socially distanced bunnies, of course). But Easter/Oestre’s not til next Sunday. Isn’t it? Is it? And is it Sunday?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Birthday @kev-w - you're catching me up... (I'm later on this month and a smidgeon older.)

I only know it's Sunday because I sent out all the church newsletters by e-mail this morning before taking myself off for yesterday's hour then today's hour of walking. I feel tons better for a decent stretch of walking and managed to avoid most people by wandering around the industrial estate (which is more or less closed down at the moment) rather than the two local parks which were beginning to be awash with people attached to dogs or cycles or children or their significant others when I peeked at them as I marched resolutely past.

Otherwise, I seem to be in some parallel universe where time and calendar matters little.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Otherwise, I seem to be in some parallel universe where time and calendar matters little.

... Same here! Just looking at the gig dates that were amassed in the diary crop up & getting dismissed.

I found myself dabbling with "Hip hop" on my home set up the other day.. Lol, an epic "rap battle" twix two online dietary advisors throwing down..

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
... Same here! Just looking at the gig dates that were amassed in the diary crop up & getting dismissed.

I found myself dabbling with "Hip hop" on my home set up the other day.. Lol, an epic "rap battle" twix two online dietary advisors throwing down..
I had tickets for gigs every Saturday for the last month and they've all been postponed. Going to be one heck of an autumn when we hopefully get let out to play :)