Help needed

Nibbsmini

Hi all I have type 1 and my 5 year old daughter keeps having accidents at night and we need to stop ever 10 mins during the day Dr's have said no she hasn't but she's getting worse do you think I should ask again?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It sounds as though you’re getting worried. There are a number of reasons why a five year old may need to wee more often, and why they’ve begun to have accidents, so if it were my daughter then I’d want to find the cause. She may be anxious; she may have a urine infection; she may be drinking more juice or water because she likes the taste, or she may have T1 - there are a range of possible causes, more than I’m expert enough to know.
Have you talked with your daughter about her need to wee? I know she’s only five but maybe she can give you some information that you can discuss with a health professional.
Are you in the UK? Here, most doctors are now conducting consultations by phone. Wherever you are, it’s probably safer to phone the surgery first.
I hope that the cause, whatever it may be, is addressed and that your daughter, and you, are happy and healthy.

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely worth checking in with them, Dr should not be ruling it out with no conclusive evidence. Maybe you could consult another Dr and express your concern. There could be many other reasons for the accidents and frequent urination but if you don't feel it's normal for her she would need to see a Dr to rule those out also. Hope you get some answers.