Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
View attachment 40035

Where’s your pics then?! ;):joyful:
Would love to see your doggies!

Edit to add asking where your pics are looks silly now you’ve added some!

I’ve been missing my swimming and group walks but walking with my family every day taking advantage of our allowed exercise. I luckily live on the edge of a city so we can easily get to open countryside and not see anyone else.
We are doing more crafty things, we had a drawing competition yesterday. I did a picture of a beach in Valencia for my daughter to remind her of happier times in Spain on uni placement, she left Spain with 24 hours to spare before she was trapped there :wideyed:
Great picture!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am supervising my hubby decorating the hall, stairs and landing. He has been promising to do this for 18 months and has now started. Gloss almost finished - 8 door frames, 2 large window frames and sills, radiator cover, 2 banisters and 23 spindles. Gardening when weather permits, spring cleaning the house, and spending a lot of time on Ancestry.com verifying my DNA matches. Walking the dog every morning and praying this won't be stopped as has been threatened if the selfish idiots don't obey the rules.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I sleep :hilarious: while most people sleep 8 hours a night, I need at least 10 so that means at least 2 less hours of time to fill :D
I don't work and usually spend a lot of time at home anyway so I chat with my husband, do some cooking, phone or email family members, have a look on social media, do some housework, I play geoguessr and some other online games (I try and play ones that make me think a bit rather than mindless stuff), read, try and do online food shopping for 6 at the moment :D I don't watch a lot of television, normally a bit of the bbc news channel but lately I haven't been watching that. Usually I go to the shops/supermarket a couple of times a week or go for walks with my husband but we're choosing to self isolate so have only been as far as the garden!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I guess a few pics won't hurt.

This is my spot to sit and have morning coffee... outside my back door.

13754531_1196005263778295_2404376577979292385_n.jpg

The area I live in...

10669199_821585621220263_58902557346736463_o.jpg

My closest beach

1598860_819567628088729_6705254968952149039_o.jpg

South side of the beach where I take my dog sometimes

11822858_987217614657062_8008152929158807800_n.jpg

Some of my places I like to visit

10655392_806702959375196_9070185229449202526_o.jpg

10634073_806702356041923_9165069857901554993_o.jpg

And myself, letting a few carpet snakes go that had decided living in the roof was a good place.

21246547_1608757645836386_372420944741388054_o.jpg

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
My life hasn't changed much apart from having my husband home all the time.

We have making plans for the garden for the summer so I've bought lots of tiny plants from eBay. Mr C has bought loads of vegetable seeds and compost and stuff to repair the greenhouse which got damaged in the last lot of high winds.

We've been catching up with our neighbours who we mostly haven't seen all winter - keeping properly distanced across garden fences.

I've been going through loads of carrier bags of very old photographs left to us by my husband's late mother (trying to work out who the various relatives might be) and also putting together a photo album of all the dogs we have been owned by - not that any of them have been forgotten.

Hotpepper20000

What a fantastic thread.

I am fortunate that I can still leave four days a week for work. I work in a family home with their two children while they work from home. So days of baking, cooking, crafts, reading, music, dancing, walking.

We started seeds with growlights six weeks ago, so I have been transplanting, watering, and trimming. Here we can’t plant the tomatoes in the green house till the start of May. And the garden middle of May.

I had a collection of seeds Ive collected over the years and had left over. So I didn’t have to search for new ones.

I am tearing old colourful bed sheets into strips to make a rag rug.

I am enjoying the slowing down of life.

I made a sourdough starter for bread for Mr Hotpepper

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hardwick hall and parks 20 minute drive then plenty of walks only it's closed

Hardwick.jpg

20 minute drive Newstead Abbey home of Lord Byron love the place only it's closed
Newstead Abbey.jpg

SilverHill wood country park 10 minute drive great walks not closed but advised to stay away

Silverhill_Wood_Country_Park_-_Pond_View_-_geograph.org.uk_-_688289.jpg

Brierly Forrest Park across the road and short walk not closed but a bit crowded at times but again advised to stay away
Brierly pond.jpg

So I'm stuck with my ukulele and the back yard.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been brushing up my limited musical skills going through all the tunes which I play rather badly for dancing, writhing down the button and bellows direction for my melodeon and the note letters for my recorder. I have even discovered that the last note of the tune is usually the same letter as the key!! Also the reason for my stumbling when playing the Princess Royal jig is that I first heard it, and played it on my recorder, in the key of E and my melodeon has rows for D and G - the notes are in there, but I need to find them...
Otherwise there is knitting, and I really need to remake a lot of my top end garments, the kilts in particular, throw out a lot of old clothes of little value, do a lot of sorting out - I will not be short of things to do for quite some time.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get out of bed when I no longer feel tired, so am catching up on many nights when hubby's snoring kept me awake.
I have started drawing again, which I haven't done properly for years.
I have started doing jigsaws for the first time in many years. I don't remember it being so difficult!
I practise tap dancing which must annoy my neighbour.
I also practise Argentine tango. It's amazing how painful the upper arms can become when you don't have a dance partner!

I should be spring cleaning but . . .

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You’ve started something now @Brunneria

Here are some pics from me:

Prepping dinner:

0A71647C-E0EF-4EF7-8C0D-B867F25EE474.jpeg

Getting ready for my socially distanced urban walk:
2C9E90E0-EF09-4C2F-817C-8E25DB4EF772.jpeg

Hunting out places not over run by others in the area. These are railway arches close to home:

B1AA419C-B4E0-430F-B26A-00918F2D4A1A.jpeg

And some street art passed en route:
B4D914CD-03C5-4848-95AC-729AB8E2510C.jpeg

C49F2F5B-149D-4EE6-A7BC-574F9642AB50.jpeg

And a few local landmarks:
3A7ABEE1-0988-4007-9E43-7A4CCCC3CD12.jpeg

028F50A5-92F9-4E1C-BF93-1BB347C8BB01.jpeg

973DB6FA-DD11-475A-8FC1-D8375129AF60.jpeg

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Well apart from washing and polishing the car , both mine and the missus’s , jet washing the slabs in the garden going for a walk, cycling , rearranging the garage/ workshop in fact all boxes for screws , nails etc are all labelled , have just started a model of a VW camper van made out of matchsticks plus have started making Xmas cards ( cross stitch) have a radiator to relocate in the dining room Plus a1001 other things to do lol one thing I will never be is bored. I’m very lucky to live in the Scottish countryside so have great places to walk locally and as photography is a great hobby I can do that too

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
nice daily walk with my friend in the avatar,scrambled eggs and bacon brunch ,mowed lawn, marinated three pork ribs for evening meal,sat in sun,listened to some music,had a chat with a friend on fone,had a look in the shed for a spanner to tighten bolts on mower ... bonus! found seven bottles of cider that i made from apples from the garden about eight years ago ( pre diabetic)..knocked two of them back in the sun waiting for my ribs to cook..next i intend to read a chapter of "the battle for spain by anthony beevor or churchills second world war volume 2 then watch another episode of inspector montalabano on bbc i player...i remember sundays always being like this..shame about the circumstances.....

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apparently I do excersise lol. I was going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. Tracked by smart watch as "high intensity minutes".

So driving to work, doing an hour in the gym etc.

The gyms close and my active mins have shot up, mostly because I have nothing else to do and have been landscaping my garden so lots of digging has pushed it up a bit maybe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200405_200437_com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200405_200437_com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 172
D

Deleted member 308541

No change here, except I cannot play bowls, or have a beer at the club as they were shut down two weeks ago.

Normal day to day stuff around home that has been the same for years, no need to change that as far as I am concerned.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My house has never been tidier, home cooking home-cooked, and my yardwork so up-to-date :(.

But the upside is - my partner and I get to have relationship-conversations every single day! Oh joy! Herr Svea is particularly pleased. (Joke! About Herr Svea being pleased at least.)

Who knew 12 days of a National Emergency/Lockdown (in Aotearoa/New Zealand) would mean such excellent improvements in an interpersonal relationship??!!

(I am spending a lot of time on the phone planning future get togethers with friends, parties, trips to meet up with family members... and Herr Svea is particulalry encouraging of the ones where he gets to stay home alone!)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great thread.
Joe Wicks at 9am has become a must - it’s the only bit of routine I’ve developed and makes me think I’ve achieved something.
Sent off for some fridge magnets which show how to spell the alphabet in sign language so we are all trying to learn and post messages on the fridge.
Got my coloured pencils out but so far have only practiced blending colours and using the new blender and burnisher pencils I sent off for. It’s very therapeutic in itself.
Playing Articulate in the evenings and pub quizzes from YouTube. We are planning a Zoom quiz amongst family soon.
Lots of reading. Worldofbooks.com is a great website for second hand books, free delivery too. They’ve had everything I’ve searched for so far.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Seems we are doing similar things in some regards, cleaning, sorting out stuff, fixing things in and around the house. All that stuff we have put off for one reason or excuse or another.

@JohnEGreen appreciate the pics, love the abbey and would love to see it one day. I love the architecture of the past. There is something that just draws me to it. Gothic, Victorian and anything from castles to tudor etc has some unique history to it. Out of curiosity, does your back yard over look a river?

@Goonergal you look ready for the zombie apocalypse, love the pics.

It is interesting to see what people do. Where they take their walks etc and places nearby or where they live. What prompted me to post the thread was that I live on 12 acres of rural farmland, but not everyone does, so I was wondering what people who live in suburbia or an apartment did in these current times.

Anyway, I still have stuff to sort through.... finish painting what I started in my small kitchen area and maybe finish off stuff that never got started on, but should of started on years ago. Feel free to post up your pics of whatever you are doing.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Out of curiosity, does your back yard over look a river
No wish it did but it doesn't one of the brierly forest park entrances is across the road from me the body of water is a lake round here they call it a pond to get to it I cross the road walk down about 50 yards to the entrance then it's about a ten or fifteen minute walk for a reasonably fit person.

Loads of castles and stately homes around here some very old.
Like Bolsover Castle about a twenty minute drive from here.

Bolsover Casle.jpg

But of course closed at the moment.