SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, hugs for all.
I lost track of days a week or more ago @Fairygodmother and have to check the Council's calendar for the bin @Japes
A short lived badge wearing this morning, why is the liver so unhelpful?
Sun's out @becca59 so hope it's good where you are
Today will be a repeat of yesterday, very therapeutic

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Our fabric stores are running out of elastic as all sorts of people are making clothe masks for themselves and others. I was surprised they were open as an essential business in the first place, but I guess they're essential now. I'm thinking they let them stay open so people could buy stuff to do at home. It is now officially recommended to wear a mask when you go anywhere and they don't want you to buy the N95 ones because they want those saved for medical personal. So they are saying wear clothe ones.

It's expected to be 26C (80F,) tomorrow with a little more rain than usual. Usually we have brief showers that come and go all the time when the sun is out. I expect a pretty nice day.

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, just checking in - lots to catch up on...............can't believe no one pulled 'Smelly' Sue up about the time between baths :playful::hilarious:

Happy belated Birthdays to those that have recently aged another year.......:meh:

Glad I'm back at work, even if WFH, been busy all weekend in the garden - mind you who hasn't ?(out of those with gardens!)

Hugs all round whether you need them or not!

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke up at 7.2 but shot up to 10.5 before breakfast. I don’t get liver dumps often but not a great start to the day anyway.

Raining here but sun is on the way later. Off to give my 3yo a ballet lesson, which should be interesting. Plié!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow pumpers and prickers hope you all had a good weekend

Good start to morning with a 6.7, but I did have a slightly high BG overnight but the correction seemed to have worked

My first full week of being furloughed from work, so this will be fun. NOT. I do have stuff to do around house, garden just need the motivation to get started. Once I start there is no stopping me, its just getting started:couchpotato:

On the plus side on my daily walks around my area, I have been to places I have not been to for 10+ years

Stay safe and stay positive

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, not much to report here. Cruising high sixes, I might need to up my basal a little, it’s the staying at home that’s doing it, I’m sure. Hoping to be back on the road this week. 110% override coming up..

I’m glad I bought a new seed sprouter to replace the one that appears to have been eaten by the back of my cupboard. We’re only shopping once every ten days or so, and bags of leaves turn to slime in that time, so I’ve been enjoying alfalfa sprouts, sprouted mixes of chickpeas, mung beans, broccoli, mustard, kohlrabi, and all sorts. Sprouting them seems to make the carbs negligible, dosing for 5g carbs per crop seems to be doing the trick. A good way to get vegan proteins too. I’d stocked up on my usual vegan meat replacements last week and had a couple of “steaks” with sprouted seeds and the last of my leaves. Carbonara with pretend bacon tonight :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

A bit high this morning because of my late night munching, 8.8 but I accept because I spiked by a level after eating.
RE: my very nice work colleague, she isn’t a type 1 diabetic or type 2. So it was kind of awkward because it seems now that she is the expert in diabetes Maybe I should stick the list of things that affects diabetes on the back of my uniform ;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps, not much to report here. Cruising high sixes, I might need to up my basal a little, it’s the staying at home that’s doing it, I’m sure. Hoping to be back on the road this week. 110% override coming up..

I’m glad I bought a new seed sprouter to replace the one that appears to have been eaten by the back of my cupboard. We’re only shopping once every ten days or so, and bags of leaves turn to slime in that time, so I’ve been enjoying alfalfa sprouts, sprouted mixes of chickpeas, mung beans, broccoli, mustard, kohlrabi, and all sorts. Sprouting them seems to make the carbs negligible, dosing for 5g carbs per crop seems to be doing the trick. A good way to get vegan proteins too. I’d stocked up on my usual vegan meat replacements last week and had a couple of “steaks” with sprouted seeds and the last of my leaves. Carbonara with pretend bacon tonight :)

I was thinking about sprouting my own beans after eating a lovely bean salad with sweet chilli, soy and ginger dressing. My mum sprouts soy bean spouts and they are very nice in a stir fry.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you get old Vicar of Dibley screenings over there @Antje77?
I like your thinking :)
I hadn't heard about the Vicar of Dibley but a quick google search tells me this may be exactly what I need! It even looks like I can watch it on dailymotion. It will likely have a frustrating amount of adverts in between, going by my experiences with watching GBBO, but at least it worked for that show so I expect it to work for the Vicar as well :)

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone, hope all is well with you all, woke to a bg of 5.8. Officially back to WFH after two weeks off due to illness. Feels quite good to have some sort of routine again. Still have a sore throat and phlegmy cough but drinking plenty of warm fluids to help combat that!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hadn't heard about the Vicar of Dibley but a quick google search tells me this may be exactly what I need! It even looks like I can watch it on dailymotion. It will likely have a frustrating amount of adverts in between, going by my experiences with watching GBBO, but at least it worked for that show so I expect it to work for the Vicar as well :)
Think you'll love it @Antje77. Keep watching right to the very end of each episode for the joke....

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
And you’ll know who Mrs Cropley is! And Alice, and all of them. Proper English village life, he he. Enjoy it.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
21 miles cycled, tangles got in to and one's route lost, I did a bit of road riding to get across the city (my exercise period and half hour I borrowed from a neighbour) but took a wrong turn looking for a river to ride backkk along, when I did find it I think I was on farmland rather than the path which appeared to be on the other side and the single track I was riding turned into nothing but cross country, xDrip alarmed and I had a time out to sort out the hypo :banghead:
today.jpg

Once the bloods came up I saw the track as I'd been riding at the side of the river.

Oh I ache now :p

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Sprouting sounds like a great idea, I haven’t done it for a while so my sprouting jar is probably hiding. Without very many trips to the store I am missing all the fresh produce I am constantly used too.

Our island is used to farmers markets. There was always one or two every day somewhere on the island but people would be in really close quarters so they were closed but the farmers still have produce they need to sell.

So someone at one of them nearer us finally set it up where they have the booths spread out and only let so many people into the area at a time. And they are doing it 3 times a week so we will have to check it out Wednesday.

There is nothing so nice as going to the farmers markets with all the varieties of veggies that get grown and experimenting with different meals.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And you’ll know who Mrs Cropley is! And Alice, and all of them. Proper English village life, he he. Enjoy it.
I've just watched the first episode, brilliant! And no advertisements in between either :)
Think you'll love it @Antje77. Keep watching right to the very end of each episode for the joke....
Thanks for the heads up, I'd have missed it without your message!

The only problem is that I'm sorely missing subtitles. Reading and writing in English (especially with a helpful google search only a new tab away when I can't find a word or don't understand a phrase) is not the same at all as listening to it at a high speed with a barrage of witty jokes and references to things both before my time and outside my country. I'm missing half I think. Still, the half I do catch is very much worth my time!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @kev-w that looks like some off-raod biking! Glad you got back safely.

@Antje77 so glad you like it and hope you can pick up enough of it to make it worth watching all of them.

Had another stonking hypo yesterday evening, maybe slight miscaclulation on carbs for dinner but really not enough to plunge as far and fast as it did. Finally got it back, fell asleep on the sofa with the dog and woke up at 1.30 this morning on a 20 - bleuh! Really can't explain that one entirely. Hey ho, that's T1.

meant to be a lovely day today, in the garden again I think. Hope you all have a good day whether you're working at work, at home, furloughed, retired, whatever!