BS soooo high in the last week

hrpuffnstuff

I'll try and make long story short
Im type 1 insulin
Levimir 36 units 9am.....30 units 9pm
Novarapid 2 units x 10grams carbs (I was 1:1 it worked for a while but had to raise)
The last 7 days my BS has been high (just now 19 using Libre abbott sensor)
Today lunch insulin dosage at 1pm
BS was 11.7 .....carbs 84....insulin dosage 20 units novarapid (Using HEDIA APP to calculate insluin x carbs)
Its 4-30pm ad my BS are 19.7
I feel OK...but
Why guys are my BS high (Only in the last week) after eating food.
Ive fasted, and BS was ok below 7
Ive eaten NO carbs and again BS was afterwards 8.7
If I eat carbs (Only potatoes/or meat pie) the BOOM even taking the correct Novarapid.

I forgot to mention...round about 6pm (thats 5 hrs after 1pm Lunch the BS start to decrease, and go back to 8 or 9...but then its dinner and it starts all ove again)
And yes I know how to count carbs from the boxes etc etc I use the 'Rule of Three' app. and the Carbs and Cals app recommended here

I really dont want to bother Diabetes at Darent Valley...they've got enough on their hands.

An advice from you guys would be taken and digested

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi there, I see that you added extra Novoslow to compensate that you were 11.7 before lunch. Did you wait for the Novo to take effect and for your bs to come down before you ate? It takes about 20 minutes for Novo to become active. I also find that if I eat when my blood sugars are above 6 then whatever I’ve put in to cover the carbs, they stay high for some time even if I’ve waited for the insulin to become active.

hrpuffnstuff

The HEDIA app does the calculating
I suppose thats sarcasm?...novoslow? LOL
But yes I realise it takes 15/20 mins to work.
Like i said its only this past week.
Thats what concerning

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
The HEDIA app does the calculating

Does it recalculate your insulin ratios if they change? People's ratios can change with activity, weight, stress, illness and sometimes just time, so if your ratios have changed it might not be working well for you?

I personally find that once my bg is in the teens my correction dose (units to insulin to reduce my bg by 1 mmol/L) goes up.....

hrpuffnstuff

Does it recalculate your insulin ratios if they change? People's ratios can change with activity, weight, stress, illness and sometimes just time, so if your ratios have changed it might not be working well for you?

I personally find that once my bg is in the teens my correction dose (units to insulin to reduce my bg by 1 mmol/L) goes up.....

Thanks for the reply