What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, 5.4 this morning and a temp of 36.0 so I'm more than good :)

The cough and breathlessness are still there but given my COPD etc I expect time to be the healer of that. I have a call booked with my doc today to update but I would expect to be let off the hook with his usual proviso of "if anything changes...".

Therefore I am going back to my normal self-isolating, anti-social fun guy lifestyle :)

In all seriousness, I am eternally grateful to my friends. Three doctors, two nurses, a paramedic and a policeman who took time out of being essential to the world at large to be essential in my small life. Yes, they are personal friends but I know how busy they are right now and the personal traumas they have all set aside. Thanks to folk here and on other forums that have been supportive and caring, it helps a lot :)

I've been very lucky, should have got some lottery tickets;)
great news obb xx

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
And on a positive note.

Scottish CMO has resigned.
Hope there is no golden handshake..reprehensible behaviour risking lives, that needs to be punished not rewarded.

Can't lead from the front of your don't lead your self.:rolleyes:

BBC News - Coronavirus: Scotland's chief medical officer resigns over lockdown trips
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52177171
I am pleased she has resigned. What ever made her think she could flout the rules - especially as she was urging everyone to follow the rules with such conviction.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am pleased she has resigned. What ever made her think she could flout the rules - especially as she was urging everyone to follow the rules with such conviction.

Our lives are not important.

Only way to see it

But too be fair she IS only following the govt's lead.
I mean why else did it take body bags before they began to take this seriously

Their primary role,. All these so called experts IS to look out for danger and take the necessary steps to stop, prevent or limit the danger as much as possible.
Otherwise WHAT purpose DO they serve ??

This shower of sh1 te, were all in the bar sipping sherry when the HMS UK ran aground on the COVID iceberg the world had been tracking since early January.

We are now in April and hospitals are using binbags to keep themselves safe, no matter how many times Hancock tells us they are lying because he's ordered Milliions & millions of PPE
Bus drivers prison staff..all going to work and being killed by a lack of action or basic understanding by THIS Govt..

All those dead doctors and nurses above, would NOT be dead if we had a govt that had taken this seriously from day ONE

WE owe them that much, that we don't just sweep their deaths under the carpet because " these things happen"
they DON'T and SHOULDN'T have

Imho.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Major moral questions about just what I ask my children and by implication grandchildren to do/risk on my behalf probably for about 2 years. Triggered by @geefull posting about Tesco destocking chocolate :arghh: I obviously want Julie to get better but the issue then becomes how morally and logistically I carry out my obligation to allow her to live her life e,g, walking dogs and responsibly sourcing food whilst I shield to ensure I don't put others at risk. Search for click and collect supermarkets within what I consider a safe distance for her and the boys is a focus today.
Edit: It is beyond me as to why supermarket IT teams can't run a simple query to find all registered customers with an address matching that of a shielding person. What am I missing here?

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my video call with my doc and he is happy with how things are going. He's keeping me on the steroids for another week to take the strain off. As he pointed out I'm not out of the woods but I can see the edge, existing conditions will slow me down but such is life :)

The best part was the start of the call, he looks at me and goes "I'm admitting you to the hospital now". When I asked why he goes on to say "listen to yourself, you sound like a steam train". I pointed out I was vacuuming when he called, the first time I've done anything in a week. His reply was remarkably un-doctor like :)

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my video call with my doc and he is happy with how things are going. He's keeping me on the steroids for another week to take the strain off. As he pointed out I'm not out of the woods but I can see the edge, existing conditions will slow me down but such is life :)

The best part was the start of the call, he looks at me and goes "I'm admitting you to the hospital now". When I asked why he goes on to say "listen to yourself, you sound like a steam train". I pointed out I was vacuuming when he called, the first time I've done anything in a week. His reply was remarkably un-doctor like :)
Brilliant news, attitude, relationship with your Dr and vindication of what technology can do for us at its best. Have I missed anything - maybe your stylist or hairdresser?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I wanted to give you winner and funny for that..
Funny won :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of fortitude, “we’ll meet again” and tigers spreading rumours in New York came in at a 4.7 this am

Found a bag of cognitive reserve last night so tested it’s efficacy with a bottle of merlot - seems fine for the price.

My mother has begun painting again - she has not been able to do very much since having a new shoulder built by those fine sculptors in Bordeaux. Not with her chinese brushes, some of which are far too heavy for her now - but with watercolours. My father though is now busying himself stringing new vines in his potager and muttering about reduced stocks of wine.

For myself, kofee stocks need replenishing. Best go and check on that and take a sample of what is left.

Reactions: DJC3 and SaskiaKC

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my video call with my doc and he is happy with how things are going. He's keeping me on the steroids for another week to take the strain off.

As he pointed out I'm not out of the woods but I can see the edge, existing conditions will slow me down but such is life :)

best be careful no one has a crossbow and mistake you for prey..;)

FANTASTIC news to hear you are on the mend my friend.
guess this means i am now ONE further back in the queue for the PC setup, tho :sorry:...

but that DOES seem a small price to pay for SUCH good news...:D

Looks like you will indeed
Live Long & Prosper

that Mr Spock knew a thing or two, by Jingo ;):)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning. I actually think that the meter was kind to me this morning after yesterday's overconsumption of everything low carb.

Today is hopefully a 'must try harder ' day.

Well I have just got the chunky choccy biccies out of the way with my morning cuppa, so I will start now @Krystyna23040

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Excellent - a coal powered vacuum cleaner - would baffle any medic.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist I empathise with your disappointment on the 'muddy' in your painting, 'muddy' is one of my greatest challenges, forgive me if I say it's quite heartening (to me),to see that even an accomplished artist can be ambushed by it too.
Nothing to forgive, these things happen and can be so frustrating. Some good landscapes and seascapes from you I suggest you try and get some good watercolour paper which you can wet and then paint, cold pressed is the best in my opinion.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Major moral questions about just what I ask my children and by implication grandchildren to do/risk on my behalf probably for about 2 years. Triggered by @geefull posting about Tesco destocking chocolate :arghh: I obviously want Julie to get better but the issue then becomes how morally and logistically I carry out my obligation to allow her to live her life e,g, walking dogs and responsibly sourcing food whilst I shield to ensure I don't put others at risk. Search for click and collect supermarkets within what I consider a safe distance for her and the boys is a focus today.
Edit: It is beyond me as to why supermarket IT teams can't run a simple query to find all registered customers with an address matching that of a shielding person. What am I missing here?

following lead of govt as outlined above., perhaps.

sure there is a reason, but lets be fair they ALL only found out about this terrible virus yesterday,

sure Hancock & Co, have had informed discussions with them about the seriousness of the situation....

yeah, your right...who am i kidding...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

keep forgetting if doctors and nurses, our heroes are just so much collateral damage,
what chance do we have.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing to forgive, these things happen and can be so frustrating. Some good landscapes and seascapes from you I suggest you try and get some good watercolour paper which you can wet and then paint, cold pressed is the best in my opinion.
i gave an informative..
which to my mind can seem a little cold and indifferent to the post,

yours was to me, and also so very friendly to Geeful

i like your take on things.
always well balanced.

Like.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

I also wanted to give you a winner and a funny for that, but funny won.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have to start planning my exercise regime now, this looks ok :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Will J and Silent Bob be staying outside.
No idea how to rate this as no idea *** this is all about but took up some of my 3 months so thanks. O/T I can get keto chocolate delivered from Germany long before groceries from any UK supermarket. In no way linked to the breath taking arrogance and total disregard for life of someone who thinks the only person who can properly direct the protection of 60 million people is him from a hospital bed. No sir.

Last edited: