How to shock your diabetic nurse.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, not really. But I've just been in for my first review and HbA1c this morning, since diagnosis in December. HbA1c had been going up - 45 in 2017, 47 in 2018 and 50 at diagnosis in 2019.

It's now 36. Cue one surprised diabetic nurse.

I went LCHF the day I was diagnosed. The diet has done the trick, as has all the helpful advice and support from this forum. And if a beer and chips monster like me can do it, anyone can. I'm really pleased - not surprised, because this is what the finger testing has been telling me, but really pleased. I know I can control my blood glucose. I just need to keep on doing it.

Thanks all.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news well done you.. taking control of your health can be very powerful. Keep it up!

Reactions: KennyA

84green

Fantastic result. Well done. Gives me hope for my own test next week (looking to reduce from 56 mmol/mol when DN wanted to increase meds - I asked her to give me ten weeks).

You’ve done the hard bit. Now for the hard bit! Only now, you know the answer. Great that you’ve found what works for you.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, not really. But I've just been in for my first review and HbA1c this morning, since diagnosis in December. HbA1c had been going up - 45 in 2017, 47 in 2018 and 50 at diagnosis in 2019.

It's now 36. Cue one surprised diabetic nurse.

I went LCHF the day I was diagnosed. The diet has done the trick, as has all the helpful advice and support from this forum. And if a beer and chips monster like me can do it, anyone can. I'm really pleased - not surprised, because this is what the finger testing has been telling me, but really pleased. I know I can control my blood glucose. I just need to keep on doing it.

Thanks all.
Well done! I do so love a good and surprised nurse, haha. :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great News!

As more and more of us do it hopefully the expectation from the medical community will be that if you are willing to make the right changes to your diet I expect to see this disease turned around.

These are the posts that give \us all hope.